The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Titanium Wheel Nuts

Noz

I'm not sure I'm doing them for anyone in particular, but I would assume using light material would promote a light-weight design to follow. I'll check the design and have a play about.

When you machine the hex on couldn't you pop a 1mm break corner chamfer

where the faces meet each other ?

You could get them anodised :)

Not really, I machine the hex manually as I don't have active tooling on my CNC. Unless I change my cutter for each one and turn the rotary table. That's 40 tool changes for 1 chamfer. I did consider it, but it takes enough time anyway.

Standard anadising wouldn't change the surface layer enough to consider a coating would it? Only hard anadising I thought would be useful and not even sure you can do that with Ti.

• 2 weeks later...

IMG_1926.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=165592&d=1363002454

The pattern on the bottom was just chance, I was surprised how nice they came out. Lighter than the first design.

Reduced some diameters giving a radius on the socket face edges. This will be the final design now. Will be making them shortly, I'll probably just put them on eBay when they are done as I have no surface treating processes here and just recommend a moly lubricant.

Edited by Noz (see edit history)