The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Pics of my car

nick_karkie

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by nick_karkie

Some people love the new wing....some hate it....u judge!!

It's your car and its a Supe so just enjoy mate.....

:cool: :flame Dev

PS My bird ain't a great fan of my Supe and the way I drive it but she has an Astra Merit 1.4, nuff said.:D

Well I aint going to say anything on the spoiler, as I think enough has been said already. Hopefully your be at the meet on the 29/3, as I wouldnt mind having a proper look myself.

And I see everyone keeps on saying "nice wheels", why...??? I dont see them as anything specail, yet I have heard people say over and over before, "nice wheels", to this type. Or is it that Im just so un-educated in wheels that I cant spot a good set when I see them.:D

Nik, Dont go getting all defensive mate, firstly I already said that I know fuck all about wheels, I just think the spoke part of it isnt anything special, the spoke's are too wide, I like the deep dish though. And why are you having a go at me when others in this thread have said more damaging things about the way your car looks, at least I wasnt as blunt as some people.

Originally posted by Phate

Spoiler looks crap

I was just giving my opinion as you asked for, and wondering why these wheels seem to be popular. Feel free to comment on mine, as I think mine are a bit simple, but hey, they come with the car......

But seing as I have been told off, I might as well get my monies worth, spoiler looks shit, rip it off and stick the stock back on, This isnt my true opinion, and Im not against it or for it, but your car does need that bodykit. As I said before are you going to the Soho meet as I wouldnt mind seeing your car in the metal.

Nice looking car though, and top choice on the Bomex bumper, can I ask where your getting it from and how much......

/No hard feelings/

• 1 year later...

I bet. :)

Fortunately I did comprehend the joke - but if you had used a better example to illustrate the comedic point - for example, "it would generate more lift than a C5 Galaxy", or even "a Jumbo Jet" then the hillarity-meter may have oscillated in a small way.

The advantage of applying such logic to the construction of amusing anecdotes is that it often has the added effect of increasing the longevity of the quip, perhaps even becoming part of common speech.

Another advantage is that the image of a Supra, with it's notably large arse, combined with that of a heavy-lifter aircraft is one that can further entertain the passing reader.

As an interesting aside, I wonder if anyone has considered fitting a delta-wing spoiler to the back of a Supra - at lower speeds the traditional wing-tip vortices found on straighter aerofoils actually exist along the whole wing - therefore may help with low speed cornering, and grip out of bends.

At higher speeds the lower front profile shape would exert lower drag, improving performance.

You may even consider building in the Concorde-like camber and twist into the delta - to further coax the elusive vortex effect during all conditions.

R