The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Pics of my car

nick_karkie

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for the opinions guys....very funny....I wanted something different and I like it....each to their own I say....I really dont like the stock spoiler so needed a change and didnt want the TRD spoiler cause its becoming too popular....and by the sound of your response this spoiler will never be a popular one...

I am getting the bomex kit on in late march so maybe it will look better in your eyes then....then it will pretty much be the exterior of the fast and the furious car apart from the hood.

That film inspired me to get the spoiler....I believe its the same on.....same height...wasnt keen on the shorter one.

Thanks for the opinions

Nick, I personally don't like spoilers like that on ANY car, think they are suited for pure track cars.

They are 'real' spoilers(purposefull)...not for cosmetics

I will reserve judgement on yours as I think it needs to be seen live.....

Those photos you took are not at all flattering(?), especially that rear shot.....I think that rear angle shot exaggerate the height etc of it.....

Thank god for nice wheels though.....:p

i thought u would like them wheels Ibrar:innocent: .

People may hate the spoiler but the OAP'S bloody love it.. had this lady about 85 walk past with her dog, she stood behind my car for 2 minutes trying to work out what it was. then this old dude drove past in his OAP buggy, stopped next to my car even tho he was driving on a main road and was trying to work out what the car was.

this was my dads reaction to the spoiler :twak:

Yes Phil I bought it because I liked it, so I agree with you, so many people have stared at the car in the 2 days I've had it....probably most are of the opinion that this BBS members hold, but I have had more of a positive reaction from people who have seen it and chatted to me about it.

Just gotta get the bomex kit on now and the RLTC fitted....thats still sitting at home ha ha

If it floats your boat mate then way to go.

Like you said some people will spend thousands to get their pride and joy looked at. You've spent a lot less and probably get more attention :) . Alternative psychology, like it ;) .

Glen

i hate it, think its spoiled such a good car

you have smart wheels. you like it and that is all that matters. i like the trd one looks different to stock makes it look more sporty. i know they are common now but they do look good.

some side skirts and front lip is subtle yet stands out.

have fun

Guest Terry S
Originally posted by nick_karkie

People may hate the spoiler but the OAP'S bloody love it.. had this lady about 85 walk past with her dog, she stood behind my car for 2 minutes trying to work out what it was. then this old dude drove past in his OAP buggy, stopped next to my car even tho he was driving on a main road and was trying to work out what the car was.

I think you'll find that OAP's are mistaking it for the latest model from Zimma:p

Am I the only person who can't see the spoiler in the pics - is it small and subtle because I really can't see it?

Any then I opened my eyes - whoah!! That's a mighty large spoiler and certainly not my cup of tea at all but if you are going for the F&TF look then you are on the way I guess.

http://www.aquiweb.com.br/portalautomotivo/materias/fast_and_furios/toyotaatras1.jpg

As you've already said the addition of a full kit should help balance thinks out a lot and the photographs might not be helping the cause that much, probably looks less "rudeboy" in the flesh :innocent:

Sometimes you have to "dare to be different" - I'd say you were the Daredevil :eek: