The mkiv Supra Owners Club

you got your supra.....help me to get me mine..

muller

prices will fluctuate soon after the 25 year rule goes into effect in the USA. I will say this, anybody with a good condition supra will/should reconsider on selling for the beans they are going for right now, the price to export it to USA will be great for sellers here in the UK. English speaking country selling to English speaking country, cost savings for shipping to both seller and buyer, plus the JDM factor for US Fanboi's will fetch serious money from US buyers.

Guest 98Snakehorse

That is crazy, having a rhd here in the US is considered so awesome lol. Its the opposite for you guys. I never plan on selling this car even to make a profit, Its a great car to hold onto for awhile. And yes I would consider this car a very good condition, paint is perfect, interior perfect.

Also I do wish people would get over this mileage thing, it really isnt an issue!

Very true - mine's at about 134K now and last time it was at SRR was still pulling 325bhp! Over-engineered lumps these things.

And LHD cars over here are akin to admitting you bat for the other side - would sooner walk on broken glass than have an LHD car

That is crazy, having a rhd here in the US is considered so awesome lol. Its the opposite for you guys. I never plan on selling this car even to make a profit, Its a great car to hold onto for awhile. And yes I would consider this car a very good condition, paint is perfect, interior perfect.

Whats my car worth in the US ?

I'll ship it over if it stacks up as a good way to sell it

Guest 98Snakehorse

Lol well by looking at your garage I would say an easy $20-25k if it was a 6spd probably $25k+. But im not sure the requirements on registering the car here that would probably cost an arm and a leg.

Dunk, You will have to wait until 25 years old first (2019), shipping it over will cost seller 1500-2500 depending on ports/shipper/taxes, plus the import tax, considering it is a TRD body car will fetch you a bit more, but unless you stop driving it and just maintain it for the time it will take to hit the age mark, your mileage will be slightly concerning to a US buyer. You will also be competing with the low mileage Japanese market at this point as well. Not to say that your car isn't nice and they wont last forever, but mileage will still concern US buyers. In 2019 I would expect to see the value of your cart to be around 20-25k USD, but market might change for higher or lower. I expect demand to be pretty high for stock low mileage cars, or minimal upgrades.

Just as a suggestion, you might want to look into export to Canada, they have a 15 year rule for importation.

Yes i know, i was joking regarding shipping it over :)

If a genuine buyer came from Europe then no problem but i doubt

i could be bothered with all the hassle to ship it to Canada or the US

unless someone was paying silly money for the car and organised the

shipping.

I personally only see the market for these cars getting smaller with

lower prices, maybe the odd genuine immaculate low mileage car will

attract a premium but cars like mine will be seriously cheap if not

already.

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

Yes i know, i was joking regarding shipping it over :)

If a genuine buyer came from Europe then no problem but i doubt

i could be bothered with all the hassle to ship it to Canada or the US

unless someone was paying silly money for the car and organised the

shipping.

I personally only see the market for these cars getting smaller with

lower prices, maybe the odd genuine immaculate low mileage car will

attract a premium but cars like mine will be seriously cheap if not

already.

Shipping's not too difficult ;) I would advertise in Canada just to see, some US buyer might consider it worth shipping to Canada, and storing it until the 25 year mark. I have considered doing the same if I get sent home a bit earlier than expected, it's worth it to me by the time I get my car where I want it :)

You are right on the money with the market dwindling though, its such a shame to see so many of these cars being broken and breaks my heart to see a car that for many US buyers is a pipe dream torn to bits!

You will be extremely lucky to get any TT for 3.5-4 k buddy, I would say you need to be spending 5k+ to get a decent TT auto. When I bought my first supra, I looked at two and bought the cheapest one. I paid in the long run. I know have a nice TT and she was worth the extra few quid. If you can afford towait and save another 1K, then I would.