The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bovingdon today

CJ

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TriXybeLLeYoDa

Top day out, I'm still smiling! :D even if i did gate crash a Supra event ;)

(yup b4 u ask, £20 was paid, but thank god the timing gear broke before it got to timing me!!) ;)

JohnK's Supra is broke so he had to slum it in an n/a MR2 ;)

Thanks to Matt & CJ for the trips down the strip, now maybe one day I will win the lottery and be able to get myself a Supra :D or just steal John's when he's not looking!

As for shredding tyres......n/a power = tyres are ok ;)

Pictures to follow when I get round to putting them online.

Hmmm, where abouts in the multimedia

Lets have some of the video footage...

Gav

Mate. Try here >> http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=44971

or here >> http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=44926

I'm uploading some vids with the help of Dash rendar at the mo. Will put a link soon. Only VGA quality but better than nowt.

Myself and my Dad still to pay, I'll see if I can get Chris (busa bike) to chip in auch.

We were all willing to splash the cash, but then somebody came and said pay up if you want a timed run. We weren't too sure at the time due to a mixture of poor weather and not wanting to run whilst some :donkey: was coming at you head-on, so said we would see, then when the timing gear went up the wazoo... well you can see where the confusion was.

Like I said though, we were expecting to pay beforehand, and are more than willing, seeing as it turned out good in the end, to pay out now. :thumbs:

There is stock car racing then every two weeks is that right then?

Mrs Simms the airfield owner didn't seem to think it was an issue when we discussed this with her. We told her what we were planning on doing during the day and she said it wasn't a problem.

It was an organised event, otherwise we wouldn't have had access to the airfield.

:shrug:

yup they have stock car racing there every fortnight. But the stock cars never venture onto the the runways, the track is next to the longer straight near the Market entrance.

Hi all. I thought I would post up and say hi and a big THANK YOU for the day. I was in the Yellow MR2. It was a really fab day. Unfortunate about the weather but good non the less.

Shame that I got through a new set of Michelin sport 2s about a week old but that is what happens when you get carried away lol

Top job guys

Steve, im loving that photo. Im sure so will my mum when i tell her :p

Playbunny, that's one awesome MR2 you have there :clap:

Darren please let your misses know that it was my lack of knowledge and planning that allowed her to get into that sort of position. You know i drew map after map writting down where everthing was to go/happen, but nothing stayed the same. The 1/4 mile in my mind was gonna be in a anti-clockwise fashion, which never happened.

I have had quite a few PM's now reguarding payment (thanks guys) and am getting closer and closer to breaking even, but as said before, i don't mind topping it off with my own money. I get so much enjoyment from coming on here, and for meeting up and making so many new good friends that to me it was a bargain. To watch people speeding back up to the top with the biggest smiles on really showed that people were enjoying themselves.

It has been mentioned by a few about squeezing another one in before winter, but with Paul's news i may wait till the begining (and maybe one at the end too) of next summer before the next. Will give me time to save for another set of tyres :D . On the other hand i have heard a mate's dad owns an airfield over in maidenhead somewhere :p

Playbunny, that's one awesome MR2 you have there

Thank you I love it to bits. It was put through its paces again to day castle Combe track day. I must share a pic with you all as im proud lol

Slow Dog also come along and gave it some in the yellow beast lol He did very well agaist 4 VR4s and a EVO3. Started at back finshed 1st!!! (You can also see him holding on for dear life in that pic lol)

It has been mentioned by a few about squeezing another one in before winter

When ever the next one is please can you let me know, I would love to come along again :clap:

On the other hand i have heard a mate's dad owns an airfield over in maidenhead somewhere :p

If you need me to go and check it out, I'm sure Homer will tag along to test it with me :D give us a shout!

The only one I know of is a private ??? small ish (compared to Heathrow) is near High Wycombe off the M40