The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bovingdon today

CJ

yep, great day folks, well done for putting it all together.

I think this is what car meets should be about, not too serious but still well organised.

The track I thought was mucho funno, but I must apologise for dislodging a number of tyres from their trackside location... ahem.

5 abreast dragging was a riot!

Can't wait til next time :-)

Can someone let me know if there was a shortfall in expense of the day, PM please.

R

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Short & sweet - many thanks for organising it guys, I know it isn't easy & appreciate the effort. :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

I didn't run, but am more than happy to donate a few quid towards the organisation if you end up being short, the social side and watching everyone else's cars was more than worth it & it's not fair if you're out of pocket...

It was great to turn all you 'internet people' into real faces & cars too :D Some very nice machines, and some very very nice machines. :)

Oh and a quick thanks to SupraSteve for the passenger ride... damm you for making me think about BPU already! :D

Here's to next year!

Ooops forgot, said It'd be a short message didn't I. :p

Gutted to have missed the event due to mechanical issues with my car... however glad that I didnt experience these problems on the dragstrip....

Would have loved to have helped out and been part of it...next time.

What were the times of all the runners?

Any pics? more vids?

Its all been said allready, but just want to add that myself and Suzanne had a great day. A lot of effort was obviously put into the day! Would have been nicer to get a few more timed runs, but i had 2 and that was more than some.

CJ,

- Thanks very much for taking Suzanne for a spin! Within 50m of driving off, the arse end of the car was going somewhere else!! :) Had visions of you coming back with finger nails dug into your dash. But she said to send you a big thanks, so, BIG THANKS TO YOU :)

Thoroughly enjoyed the drag strip, even the girly did 4 or 5 runs, was starting to think i wasnt gona get the car back. As i'm sure like most others, i have a couple of chips on the windscreen, but nothing major and the paint was fine.

Really looking forward to seeing some pics from the convoy from Reading and also from the day.

Thankyou to all for a very fun day out!

Christian

Was sorry to see that, did you manage to have enough fun though?

Deffo :D Thanks for the biker bloke for jumping in front of me to stop me going for another run, im pretty sure i'd have been dead if he wouldnt have stopped me :(

Just hope the rim is alright

blowout 001.jpg

blowout 002.jpg

blowout 003.jpg

blowout 004.jpg

Brandon and I would like to say :thanks: to all!

James, Sabrina - Big thanks for the day. Pity I had to shoot off early and I will dish out the £20 to ya for the free for all drags at the begining. Top stuff guys. The hard work you guys put forward brought a lot of smiles to some looney supra drivers!!! :respekt:

Good day and look forward to the next one!!!

Homer thanks for sorting out the reading convoy - Good easy drive to the strip :)

Dash Render they are RCS split Khans. Thanks for the Pic Peter - nice! :)

Good to meet new faces and to see familiar ones.

CJ, Matt H - awsome noises out of your cars especially when lifting off!!!

Slow Dog - What have you done to my son. He has gone scooby mad!!!!!!

Thanks again for taking him on the run - he thoroughly enjoyed it and you now have a new fan!!!! :thumbs:

Good seeing you up this way MR.X and the missus - I will pop down your way for the next meet.

Stonkin/Suzanne - I will get the vid of your runs up.

Will post pics soon.

Big shout out to the other Bronze Supra's :thumbs:

Cheers,

Ray & Brandon. :littled:

Good day out, many thanks for organising.

I agree that show boating donuts etc was good fun to watch, but should have been kept seperate from the main drag area. There were also lots of folks (including me) running across the strip while racing was taking place, which wasn't particularly sensible and may have become a problem if something went wrong.....

Cheers Ray, was good to see you again, your son seemed to be smiling all day to! Made me laugh when you said you were making a move and didnt want to do a run cos you had a slight leak or something and didnt wana kill the car. I think Brandon's reaction to that was, 'go on Dad, kill it, kill it!!' :)

Would be nice to see how the vid turned out.

Christian

Cheers Ray, was good to see you again, your son seemed to be smiling all day to! Made me laugh when you said you were making a move and didnt want to do a run cos you had a slight leak or something and didnt wana kill the car. I think Brandon's reaction to that was, 'go on Dad, kill it, kill it!!' :)

Would be nice to see how the vid turned out.

Christian

:lol: yep - he is a right nutter!!

Yeah I need to replace the gear box rear seal. I took it to the shop but they could not get the flange off before the can replace the seal.

It will be sorted soon :)

:thumbs:

Ray