The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bovingdon today

CJ

Just wanted to make this clear...

It was my car that slowly crossed the track just when Matt Harwood's Supra was storming up the strip. I had let my missus have a go in the car and I think she got a bit carried away and suddenly tried to cross the strip without checking if anything was coming. She is really upset about the whole thing and quite shaken up. She now says she's never coming to one of these events again. :(

My sincerest apologies to Matt. I'm really sorry to have given you a fright. Nowt to do with MaxGT!

No, that's not fair. I don't blame her at all. With all the respect in the world to James and Sabrina for their excellent efforts, and certainly not meant as a critisism to them, but there was no real organisation or control at that point. It could be a blessing in disguise that our near miss may have made a few people more aware of what was happening.

No harm was done, we're all fine. If she still refuses to come to another one, tell her I'll personally come round to collect her! :D

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm now a pround owner of a bungee rope that I found on the run way. I thought it may snag onto someones wheels/axles.

Also found a huge bolt - hope it's not from any cars here!

I've bought tyres on two occasions from Blackcircles. They were the cheapest if you want fitting. I'll happily use them again

James is still short £100 I think [even though he has stated that he doesn't mind shedding out some of his own money], any monies over the break even will be given to the club charity lets not forget.

Folks I'm sure you'll agree with me that it would be wrong for James to shell out money from his own pocket. We should be paying him if anything.

Sabrina please make sure he doesn't do this. Worst comes to worse I'm sure we'll find 10 of us with a tenner. We have two already as far as I can see. Anyone?

May I suggest we let 2-3 days pass in the hope that more send money but please let us get a kitty going for for the balance.

James will receive £20 from me tomorrow night at the reading meet so all you need now is £80.

I did not race at all on the day except for the free for all before the timing gear was set but I will still pay James as this was worth it for £20 to have a great day out with the http://www.mkivsupra.net crew !!!!!

:thumbs:

Eidited: -

Cornelius I agree. I think for those that went a contribution should be made as this was done for the club. :D

I only showed up for a few hours for a look around and to perv at all the supras :tongue:

What I saw was superb though, nothing like the site and sound of four superb cars blasting down the strip :thumbs:

Infact I was glad when the WPC showed up, my ears got a chance to recover, it went so quiet you could've heard a pin drop :D

BIG thanks to James, Sabrina + co, was great to see the cars that I've been staring at on the calendar for the last 8 months :tongue: But as usual I just stood around and showed off my social ineptitude :innocent:

well my first post since bovingdon.

what a day, think i was the first to leave tho about 1pm, had a busy day ahead. wish i could have stayed longer, to see the actual timed runs etc. nice pics i see here.

great work james and sabrina, hopefully next time round we will get the entire airfield.

Now, where can i get some cheap Goodyear F1's to replace the knackered rubber i came home with? anybody?

Bracknell Tyre and Battery charged me £94 per front and £103 per rear in the last three weeks so, £394 all in, all round....I too know need new rubber after the fun on the track section yesterday :D

My fronts were only fitted a few days ago too :eek: - It was fun though!!

Oh, all stock sizes Dave, more for you I expect :eek:

Matt it was a kinda blessing in disguise, im glad everyone got themselves together for the timed runs. I think its the first time an individual has done something like this and as always there are going to be dangerous situations when you mix people and cars be it on track or off. Im glad the day did run "accident free" and we will be sure to make safety top of the agenda next year.

Darren, tell her not to worry, no on was hurt and thats the main thing, you live and learn and to be honest James was right about having loads of cones, we should have split the runway in two down the middle and kept the clockwise flow of cars dragging - again something to consider next year.

Bracknell Tyre and Battery charged me £94 per front and £103 per rear in the last three weeks so, £394 all in, all round....I too know need new rubber after the fun on the track section yesterday :D

My fronts were only fitted a few days ago too :eek: - It was fun though!!

Oh, all stock sizes Dave, more for you I expect :eek:

Just checked out Black Circle and the best on there for my size 275/30/19z is £211.00 each fitted.

Can anyone better that?

Dave :devil:

May I suggest that in future its a flat rate to come to the event (£20-30).

It will encourage people to enter the time trials and ensure no organiser is out of pocket. I paid for the pleasure of seeing you lot ( I WANT MY MONEY BACK LOL !) and I would be happy to pay a flat rate even without speed trials, just to mess about up and down the track in a controlled way.