The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Turbo question

paul21uk

i only got it because my oem twins were shot and alot of stuff i brought fell at my feet at the right money so bar my turbo i got a good setup for next to nothing, plus it was on another members car he upgraded to something else and this was knocking about so i gathered for the money i payed i may aswell take the plunge just until my engine is run in and get one from paul whifin later down the line

DOES anyone know if i need a restrictor as my first post cheers

Stick a 1.2bar restrictor ring inplace after the downpipe should be fine. I went down the same route a few years ago doing everything on the cheap xs power turbo kit and piggyback ecu,secondhand injectors ended up blowing my engine and spending twice as much putting things right so be warned.

Stick a 1.2bar restrictor ring inplace after the downpipe should be fine. I went down the same route a few years ago doing everything on the cheap xs power turbo kit and piggyback ecu,secondhand injectors ended up blowing my engine and spending twice as much putting things right so be warned.

He didn't ask about an exhaust restrictor ring, he asked about an oil restrictor.

cheers absz....

im just guna run it stock boost for now with a safc 2 and a aem wideband get it all leaned out but guna have to run it untuned for a week or 2 been told it should be alright with that........... guna run of base boost from the WG and see what spring is in it and go from there

p.s it isnt a xs power kit its just the turbo, i have a japspeed mani with downpipe, whifbitz oil feed and drain kits tial 50mm wastegate genuine hks bov from hks themselves apexi safc2 and soon to have a 2 stage hks ebc (low and high boost) and a aem wideband, i know some one whos running with just the safc2 and wideband tuned it himself and its been sweet as a nut so getting him to tune mine as he has the soarer twin now single so its in good hands

Hey guys I just got a xs power t61 for vertically nothing ( I know its xs power....) I was wondering if any off you guys know weather or not I will need a restrictor in place to help control the oil volume I may use and I'm guessing its oil cooled right? Cheers

You shouldnt need an oil restrictor fitted if the unit is a non DBB. I think all xspower turbos are all jounal bearing but not 100%.