The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Christmas meet and steakhouse lunch - Sat December 8th, Wolverhampton

SteveR

:trumpet: Announcing the Midlands Christmas Meet up for :trumpet:

a few drinks, lunch and and a general catch up!

...at the Miller & Cater steakhouse

Everyone is very, very welcome whether you're new to the club or been here since it started or somewhere in between.

Members' partners, kids, etc all welcome too (well, mine are coming so :p).

http://www.millerandcarter.co.uk/images/banners/pub/banner-pubgenerichome-01.jpg

Few things come close to the joy of steak and chips - cooked simply with tender, loving care.

Which is exactly how we like to do things at Miller & Carter Penn.

Rest assured that our chefs treat our own-reared, 28-day aged West Country beef with the respect it deserves (in fact, our open kitchen is testimony to their grilling finesse). Whatever your preferred cut - ribeye, fillet, sirloin or perhaps a chateaubriand between two - it'll be as flavoursome and tender as our master butcher intended.

Plenty more besides steak

There's plenty more on the menu, from build your own burgers and freshly prepared salads to chicken, fish dishes and luxurious little extras to give your steak that final flourish.

Nice little red to accompany your steak? Our team members will be happy to recommend something from our drinks list to complement your meal.

When: Saturday 8th December, meet from 12:00, sit down to eat at 12:20. Stay as long as you like and even have an evening meal if you decide to stay all day... people have done this in the past. :)

Where: Miller & Carter, Stourbridge Road, Wolverhampton, WV4 5NG [Google maps link]

Menus:

How to book: Just say you're coming and how many in your party so I know how many tables to book.

The club calendar entry for this event is here for those that want to use it to set themselves a reminder, but I'll use the list in this thread for final numbers.

Now, get your names down...

That is all!

EDIT - final numbers confirmed as follows:

1. SteveR (2 adults, 1 child, 1 baby)

2. Burna (1 adult)

3. Little num + worst half (2 adults)

4. TrickTT (2 adults, 2 kids)

5. Sheefa (1 adult)

6. Nikue (2 adults)

7. Bignum (2 adults, 1 kid)

8. Pete (1 adult)

[9. SpikedJack (2 adults but not eating)]

13 / 4 / 1 = 18

Edited by SteveR (see edit history)

Steve

I went here totally randomly for the first time on Tuesday evening. Absolutely brilliant place and value for money.

The salad sauces with steaks are epic, as is the onion loaf!

Would be amazing to see all the usual old lads so count me in ;)

Greg

2. Burna

3. Little num + worst half.

5. Sheefa (2 adults)

Edited by Sheefa (see edit history)

Will try and make this but will only know for definate closer to the date.

Is this a Supra friendly car park? Im sure there are some of those weird metal speed bumps as you enter.

It's pretty big but the spaces themselves are tight. I feel a cordoned off areas is needed with spike strips.

Will try and make this but will only know for definate closer to the date.

Is this a Supra friendly car park? Im sure there are some of those weird metal speed bumps as you enter.

I don't recall any speed bumps last time I went, but that was 2~3 years ago. Burna lives nearby so might be able to check they haven't installed any and let us know, if he spots this post.

It's pretty big but the spaces themselves are tight. I feel a cordoned off areas is needed with spike strips.

Just park up the top end with each other as the neighbouring cars; all good. I've never seen that car park even half full at lunchtime.

• 2 weeks later...
Think simon is up for this also so might be worth texting him ste to help him decide.

I have sent him a text :thumbs:

I'll need to confirm final numbers with the place a week or two in advance - any more for any more?? :)

2. Burna

5. Sheefa (2 adults)

Hi

Please put me down x2 adults. My Supra wont be ready in time (my shed is going up 1st December to work on the car) but I will bring my white Aston Martin Vantage :cool:

2. Burna

5. Sheefa (2 adults)

6. Nikue (2 adults)

Edited by Nikue (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Any more for any more?

I'm confirming the table booking and final numbers next weekend, any changes after that I can ask but can't promise that the steakhouse will be able to accommodate.

(I'll also see if they need a deposit; I hope not purely because it's a PITA to organise!)

Edited by SteveR (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Final numbers have now been confirmed with the restaurant as per the above post: 14 adults, 5 kids, 1 baby.

Please note the slight change of timing to ensure they can accommodate us and two other large parties that have booked in just behind us:

Arrive from 12:00 midday, sit down to order 12:20 - certainly no later than 12:30 because if that happens I've been warned we won't get fed until 3pm!!

If anyone knows they are/might be dropping out please PM me immediately so I'm not messing the restaurant about. Ta!