The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mildew/Mould.

MannDuo

Well after reading this thread and my car about to go away for winter I've just purchased a "damp trap" just incase.

To be fair mines going in a sealed garage but better to be safe than sorry!

Hope you get this sorted mate! eBay do lots of products that will help the actual absorption of the moisture but as other members have said you need to find the cause to fix the issue, with all my flocking my interior would be wrote off if this happend to me

I would be checking all the door seals and bot seals. Also where the spoiler joins the boot lid. Mine leaked water into the boot that way.

Either way a steam clean is the only way to properly kill any mould/bacteria.

:yeahthat:

I squared mine away with a dab of silicone sealant in the end.

Definitely not that, I removed the spoiler (Failside) last month, after it was removed the holes were silicone'd up then duct tape over the top just to make sure (Car isn't being driven at the moment)

I am off work Sun/Mon, so if it's not raining the car will be getting stripped out to find this damn culprit.

The thing that still get's me, I know there must be a major leak, or some stagnant water somewhere, but the car doesn't smell at all. There is no fresheners masking anything, so I would have though this amount of mould would cause a bad smell, apparently not.

Anyway, I checked most the suggestions here, but I will be checking them again thoroughly when I get the chance too, hopefully over the next few days, so thanks for all the suggestions.

I mentioned your problem to friend of mine who also has a Supra, and he said that his had leaked from the rear quarter panels, as whenever he used the seatbelt it was damp. Maybe it's worth checking that as well?

worth a try! its only a 10 min job to get the rear plastics off!

putting them back on on the other hand :D