The mkiv Supra Owners Club

hole in petrol pipe advice needed

Dave

started the car today and noticed a petrol smell looked underneath and its leaking from one of the metal pipes 4 inches under the plastic cover,that goes underneath at the back ,took off the cover and ive got about an inch of corroded pipe,strange thing is all the other pipes look brand new. so can i chop this bit out and replace it with a piece of plastic pipe and jubilee clips, save replacing the whole thing which looks like it will be a PITA without a ramp.should be ok until i can get it into the garage.

there are four pipes altogether if your on the passenger side then it is the 2nd pipe in think its the return cause it was still dripping for a couple of mins after i turned off the motor ,will replace the whole pipe when i can get use of a lift ,but for now some petrol pipe will get me by.