The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Worrying - Is it worth buying a Supra

Sheefa

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It sometimes comes down to where you drive though, the roads I drive on now are desperately bad. I recently browsed through the supras for sale section as I really want another one but I just can't do it. I ended up making the only decision I could and spent the TT money on a diesel beemer! I haven't the time or energy for a second car as the two "second" cars already sat on my drive doing nothing attest to. I think as the economy bites hard less and less people can afford the luxury of running a weekly smoker and a second weekend car, alot of people get bored of doing 500 or more miles a week in shed heaps etc etc. The cost of fuel is probably the biggest killer of desire for these cars though. I'd love to let the heart rule the head but I am sick of shortening my spine on every pothole, and wincing every time a truck comes the other way, or scowling at a sh*t covered car when I only drove to work and back. I also don't have time to drive a car at a weekend that I have to work a saturday over-time to pay for the additional tax, MOT, Insurance and modding purchases that are inevitable with a supra. Head wins for me and hearts sulks like a 4 year old having a strop :(