The mkiv Supra Owners Club

It's Alive !!!

Jake

Great to see someone give this a go :clap: Just over a grand seems like so little for a new engine and tubbies - yeah I know a lot of hard graft went in too...

I wonder how much one of the traders would charge to do a job like this? Bet it would be a more than the cost of the parts!

Great to see someone give this a go :clap: Just over a grand seems like so little for a new engine and tubbies - yeah I know a lot of hard graft went in too...

I wonder how much one of the traders would charge to do a job like this? Bet it would be a more than the cost of the parts!

you're spot on there. with no disrespect to jake it 's only nuts and bolts at the end of the day.

a big well done to jake for doing it. i would always take on this sort of thing.

nice one Jake, im pleased for you big time

lee

After all that work, I bet you're well pleased.
I am indeed mate. I've been like a dog with two dicks this evening. :ecstatic:

It's nice to have a brace of working Supras on the driveway.

I've just got to decide which one to sell now! :(

Having two Supes is madness really (or so the Mrs tells me, I quite like it TBH)

Tis a nice buzz aint it ...top draw mate ..so pleased for ya ..I feel that way everytime I do one of my friends supes and when we have little niggle I feel more gutted than them. Just wish I could get excited about mine that way ..still the smile is alway worth it ..no ££ can buy that..well done mate

Thanks everyone.

Mig,

Thanks so much mate. I couldn't have done without you. I was ready to give up when I had that TC problem. I just didn't believe it was possible to do the TC in situ when I looked at it, but I got one of those old fashioned spanners you said about and it was pretty much plain sailing from there. (When I say 'old fashioned spanner' I'm not talking about Terry :D )

What's happening with your Supra, Mig?

I am indeed mate. I've been like a dog with two dicks this evening. :ecstatic:

That isn't a nice picture in my head right now.

Having two Supes is madness really (or so the Mrs tells me, I quite like it TBH)

Tell me about it! :D

Glad it's all worked out. At the end of the day, you've still ended up with a bargain VVTi haven't you?

Nice one Jake, I'm really pleased for you. It's about time you had a bit of luck!

Don't you just love that burning oil smell coming from a freshly implanted engine once it's up, running and everything's OK :love:

I'd better get that Intellistart sorted out for you now ;)

Of course, I'm sure you could have given it to any of the traders on here who would of undoubtably done it for nothing seeing as it's such a simple job, and none of them have mortgages, familys, cars, workshops, staff etc to support :rolleyes: :p