The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Carbon fibre arch kits?

wallis

I still dont under why you would get such a rare item, and cut and spray it? Surely you could still mould it without spraying and cutting it. Just mask up the CF, the carbon fibre look on actual products is nice IMO

Why would you cut and fill them? To smooth them in?

I think you have got a little confused fella!

The over fenders are all the same shape, so u have to cut each one around for example the rear bumper or spat !

Same for the front you have to cut the shape for your skirts or body.

I have no intention of painting or blending anything mate, for the exact reasons you just said... I love the carbon fibre on silver cars ;-)

I'll have no problem with cutting them and shaping them, I had my own bodyshop for 10 years ;-)

Just never cut it before that's why I asked, done hundreds of fibre glass kits etc.

Ah I see, my mistake, must of mis-read your post mate.

I would of thought if you cut the carbon fibre but introduced resin into the areas of damage you wouldn't have a problem. That's how I attack fibreglass when I cut it, I would of thought it's a similar process for CF to put the strength back into it as your damage the resin when cutting it.

Mitchell may know? I always ask him when I have an odd question google just can't answer :)