The mkiv Supra Owners Club

second turbo when does your come online

fastcar

1st turbo is online straight off the bat, and at around the 3500k the vsvs start building boost ready and at around 3800k the vsvs open giving full boost at 4k, not 5k

first tubby is online straight away. its just the 2nd that is slow to come on. Mine is starting to come online at 4800rpm then on full boost at 5k

sounds like somethings up there mate, i never had a problems with both of my TT boost wise,. most likely one of your vsvs is naft, wonder if a weak actuator could do this also,

first tubby is online straight away. its just the 2nd that is slow to come on. Mine is starting to come online at 4800rpm then on full boost at 5k

Isn't that what I said in post 15?

I did read your post and had a look at the manual and was going to have check on the 3 things you said

Yes, and I checked that, you'd obviously read the guide :) But I was replying to fastcar who it seemed had not.

Thanks that is a good right up and has helped me to understand the system a lot better hopefully I should have sorted out soon

My problem is solved.

It looks like I may have been fiddling with the boost controller at some point and the gain was set at 20%.:rolleyes:

Now this has been adjusted back to zero it is coming on strong at 4000 apparently.:eyebrows:

Thanks to Whifbitz for sorting this once again

could be worth me looking at this on my EBC. But then mine is turned off so not sure if that will efect it or not?

My problem is solved.

It looks like I may have been fiddling with the boost controller at some point and the gain was set at 20%.:rolleyes:

Now this has been adjusted back to zero it is coming on strong at 4000 apparently.:eyebrows:

Thanks to Whifbitz for sorting this once again

It was the other way round. Was on 5% and it's now on 20%. Boosting nice now anyway.

could be worth me looking at this on my EBC. But then mine is turned off so not sure if that will efect it or not?

If you have an EBC and it's turned off, your boost production will be slower as you'll suffer wastegate creep as boost rises. The installation of an EBC bypasses the stock VSV that stops boost pressure reaching the wastegate actuator until just before it's needed to limit boost.

If you have an EBC and it's turned off, your boost production will be slower as you'll suffer wastegate creep as boost rises. The installation of an EBC bypasses the stock VSV that stops boost pressure reaching the wastegate actuator until just before it's needed to limit boost.

So that's more then likely going to my problem I'm guessing. I did have turned on when I first went BPU but noticed that the RR was causing to much back pressure and holding the car back in the higher rev range. So I took the RR out out turned the EBC off. I will try turning it back on and have a play with the gain and see what happens.

Thanks again again fellas