The mkiv Supra Owners Club

SKY Insurance vs Adrian flux, My story

ripped_fear

Thought I would share my little story...

Well its time for me to renew my insurance as it runs out on Monday, so I rang Adrian Flux my current Broker to find out my renewal quote, as I still hadnt had any word, and they kindly told me that it had gone up from £900 to £1300 and something! :blink:

I promptly told them that I would not be taking that out, and could they tell me there best offer as last year when telling them I would not be taking out the £2500 renewal they matched Admirals quote of £900. The lady told me on the phone that this £1300 quote was the best she could do, but ring round and get back to them and they will be able to do better. I asked if she could just do a better price there and then and she told me "thats not how it works".

So I just rang SKY insurance to get a quote and got a very helpful guy on the phone who got the price too £902 NCB protected but then said if I take it out now and just go with them, he could do it for £860. I was very happy with this and have taken it but the most ridiculous part of this is the fact that both SKY and Adrian Flux where quoting me prices from the SAME company yet there is £400 difference!

So after seeing a few threads in recent months complaining over skys prices, I thought I would post up and thank them for a good deal and great service to match.

My price was on my SZ 5 speed, all mods declared, with a few more on file ready for when I do them, 5 Years NCB protected on fully comp and I'm only 23 so I'm very happy. They are also prepared to insure me on a TT when I find one so all good! :thumbs:

Thanks to all the guys at SKY.

The thing is, people just don't talk about the good experiences. I've used Sky for many years now and they've always done me a decent deal. When I finally get myself another road car I'll use them again. It's shocking how many people take the renewal quote and don't shop around. It's the easiest way for insurance firms to make money, and it's never the final price.

Exactly Insurance in general is a joke, if flux had of quoted me a similar price I would have probably taken it but they where just having a laugh.

I have tried to go with SKY before, but due to my age in the past two years they have struggled to be competitive but have always been professional, knowledgeable and most importantly helpful down the phone, hence why I rang them straight away. As you say no one talks about the good experience hence why I felt it necessary to post up.

Im with Sky for my NA-TT and they were really helpfull and the cheapest for what I needed.

Shame I needed the car for commuting on the odd occasion otherwise it would have been even cheaper.

out of interest is it complicated trying to insure an NA-TT its an option i have been thinking about over the past week if the worst has happened to mine.

out of interest is it complicated trying to insure an NA-TT its an option i have been thinking about over the past week if the worst has happened to mine.

not really its a bit more expensive i guess but both sky and Lwib both classed the car as a tt auto and then added the mods etc. sky matched lwibs price so happy with that. plus they are open say

Saturday's.

Iv always wondered. If you call up and say my renewal was 1000 but iv called arround (but you have not) and got that down to 300 with the same cover what price they would give you.

Nobody ever asks for any proof of the quote you got...

Ps. Sky always been ok with me. Despite refusing to insure me on a tt untill I was 25... Which was 1 month away. Adrian flux didn't have a problem tho. But I went back to sky the following year.