The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TubbyTwo's Supra tidy up!

TubbyTwo

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Should have PM'd me dude, only just seen this!! sold a few months ago now! sorry chap!

Any way, a long overdue update! My daughter takes up 90% of my time now, not that I'm complaining at all but the poor old Supra has take a serious back seat of late.

Currently its without its front bumper, FMIC, engine hoses, no tax or insurance etc. I have been hunting a TPS error for some time and am slowly collecting all the bits I need to sort that plus tidy up all the little jobs. Looking rather sorry for itself up front:

IMG_0507.jpgIMG_0509.jpg

I have been hunting rattles and vibrations in the engine bay and had found and sorted most of them, however upon removing the front bumper I found the crash bar to me missing and none of the front end bolted together when it was removed. FAIL!:rolleyes::taped:

While the FMIC was off I decided to buff it up a bit, its only a crappy XS Power one which will be replaced hopefully in the summer with a decent one hunting a 2nd hand Greddy or an SRD kit. So in the meantime it was removed along with all the weak bits of bent tin used ad brackets as it had dropped down on one side. I'm sure this had nothing to do with the fact it was bolted to the loose bumper support bar.... :rolleyes:

This is what it looked like before bit of a "gangsta lean" on the core:

20120722_191903.jpg

spent a half hour with 2 small screw drivers straightening up all the bent fins where it had touched the inside lip of the bumper and flattened almost an entire row off. Also the previous owner somehow managed to put a massive dent in the top of the core.... quick buff up with the drill polisher and its looking semi respectable:

FMIC-Fins.jpgFMIC4.jpgFMIC3.jpgFMIC2.jpgFMIC1.jpg

Will be fitted back with new brackets and ducted properly using the guide on here.

Also my stock dash panels will be getting some love, the look like they have been plaited with a broom and are a right mess, so will all be coming off the car, sanded down and primed before being sprayed with black plastidip. Hopefully to try and match the original finish.

For those that don't know, plastidip is spray on coating:

http://www.plastidip.co.uk/

I have gone for the black spray type, never used it before so should make for an interesting experiment, best think is if I cock it up it can be peeled off once dry. and done again.

Then its new coilpack clips, new spark plugs and a full service with all fluids and filters.

That all for now, more pictures to follow!

Edited by TubbyTwo (see edit history)