The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TubbyTwo's Supra tidy up!

TubbyTwo

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers, I have found another wire that goes to inside the rear wing jsut above the wheelarch, feels like its attached to some sort of heatsink? any ideas?

5L of black carpet dye has jsut been ordered, now on the hunt for some new mats as well.

Cheers, I have found another wire that goes to inside the rear wing jsut above the wheelarch, feels like its attached to some sort of heatsink? any ideas?

5L of black carpet dye has jsut been ordered, now on the hunt for some new mats as well.

Is the fuel pump ECU not in that area? Maybe you have the 12V mod done?

Well my 5l of black carpet dye has arrived today from Valeters pride, so cracked on with the carpet, yesterday it was shampooed and then pressure washed and left all day to dry in the sun.

before:

carpet before.jpg

during:

carpet during.jpgcarpet during1.jpg

After:

DSC_0312.jpg

going on really well so far, one 1 coat so far, will do another tomorrow once its dried fully. :)

Edited by TubbyTwo (see edit history)

Last of the wiring removed and all the interior has been hoovered out and cleaned ready to refit the carpet and seats:

wiring removed.jpg

included in that mess was a Japanese navi gps sensor, mini speaker and audio box, along with its own separate audio loom. Weighs a fair bit, thats got to have given back at least 10 bhp :D;)

Edited by TubbyTwo (see edit history)

Carpet has now had 3 coats, of dye, all dried out, and after being brushed its come up like new. Tonights plan is to remove all 4 speaker grills and dye them black as well, as they are looking a rather sorry purple colour these days. Also found a local person that retrims things so going to see about getting some black faux suede on all the dash panels over the weekend.

Hardly used any of the dye, so the remaining 3/4 of a bottle will be in the sale section at the weekend.

Cant imagine they would be hard tbh. Just work the dye right in with a brush or fingers, I have an old matt in the garage so might try it.

All I did to my carpet to prep it was hoover, then spray on some Chemical Guys fabric cleaner brush in and wash off well using a pressure washer. The colour of the water coming off the carpet considering it looked pretty clean was disgusting lol.

Also worth mentioning that initially the dye smells quite strong while applying, however once dry thats all gone. I have also made the corner wet and tried some carpet cleaner and there isnt any dye transfer so thats good.

Severly tempted to find some old stock front seats and try it on them as well :D

I need to give Dean a shout again actually as spoke to him before about the seats, however they took a backseat (excuse the pun) for a while.

Can always drop some dye off in a spray bottle If i head down that way in a few weeks and you can dye your mats the right colour :D

Same here, you can get autosmart carpet dye in 500ml or 1l but I have used this before and the smell is awefull, takes ages to go.

I have used just under 1L to do the carpet 3 times. So will have loads left over, quite happy sell it off in 1L bottles if folks want it.