The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello, possibly coming over from Evo ownership

Guest burnsey_100

Thanks for the warm welcome guys, I think I will have to check out a meet and ask nicely for a passenger ride ;)

I kinda got the hint the auto box isn't that good then? So stick with the manual?

From the little I know the autobox is good on a TT just in NA guise it is meant to be a bit of a letdown. Nice Evo by the way :thumbs:

The autobox is one of the best I have driven, and being friends with someone who owns a car hire company I have driven some pretty high end cars. Box is so quiet & smooth whilst poodling around town & then savage on kick down. Just check our Drag list & you wil see most of the quickest cars are all auto's.

I have a 6 Speed at the moment & I miss my old auto badly!

The autobox is one of the best I have driven, and being friends with someone who owns a car hire company I have driven some pretty high end cars. Box is so quiet & smooth whilst poodling around town & then savage on kick down. Just check our Drag list & you wil see most of the quickest cars are all auto's.

I have a 6 Speed at the moment & I miss my old auto badly!

Thanks for giving a better answer from experience Abz as my guessing and hearsay is not quite as useful.

iv owned a 5 speed, 6 speed and auto.

auto was the nicest to drive. followed by the 5. the 5 was just a better box to use compared to the clunky 6 speed. but compared to any other auto box iv driven it is far superior. i have a legnum which has a derivitive of a porche auto box which is supposed to be quite good... but its nowhere near as good as the supras auto.

Guest burnsey_100
Hi Lewis, fancy you showing up here in my backyard. How's the proposed Sunday swap coming along?

Hi fella

Thanks for sticking up for me on the gtr forum, some of them are twats. I have always admired the gtr and supra, so thought I would ask on both sites. Seems like this forum is a lot nice than the gtr Forum lol.

The Sunday swap is possibly on the cards, not made my mind up yet.

Guest burnsey_100
I like your Evo mate, it is the same colour scheme as my Supra on what looks to be the same wheels! Check the link in my signature and you'll see what I mean if you skip to the end.

Wow that has had some work. AWESOME :D

Welcome mate and nice Evo, almost miss took it for 1 of my old 1's!

Cant go wrong in a Supra, I sold my first Supra around 5 years ago and got through 4 Evo's and a Impreza trying to find the car to replace the Supra with and I ended up coming back.

I'm pretty certain you won't look back, I haven't anyway :D

Cheers :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...