The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My new tt6 with pics :)

thedirtycat

nice to meet you mate, glad your enjoying the car.. shame about bumper must of took a good hit lol.. (am sure local bodyshop will be able to sort it)..

also bumper may be ts type 1 according to google but does look like a generation of abflug.

Was good to meet you too Jurgen. Loved your GTR. Such an amazing car. Shame I never got to feel the full power of it haha.

Yeah just started pulling back a bit and just dropped off the curb and it went crunch. Think I did the damage by trying to pull back away from the curb after I fell off. Going to avoid the stupid curb from now on. Parked on a low bit now and got my mum to watch the front as i drove onto it haha.

Looks Great, shame about the bumper. Not wanting to put a downer on things, but if you've just got enough no claims, moved from a 1.9 diesel golf and are already trying out the second turbo and breaking bumpers BE CAREFUL. Too many new members come on here chuffed with their new purchase but don't respect the power or the way the rwd reacts to changes in road conditions. I'm not saying in any way that you aren't careful but if the worst does happen, hopefully I still have the opportunity to say I told you so.

Rob

Looks Great, shame about the bumper. Not wanting to put a downer on things, but if you've just got enough no claims, moved from a 1.9 diesel golf and are already trying out the second turbo and breaking bumpers BE CAREFUL. Too many new members come on here chuffed with their new purchase but don't respect the power or the way the rwd reacts to changes in road conditions. I'm not saying in any way that you aren't careful but if the worst does happen, hopefully I still have the opportunity to say I told you so.

Rob

Why do you think i wasnt respecting the power ? I didnt break the bumper by driving like an idiot i was just trying to park outside my house and dropped the curb by accident, Im pretty careful. If i accelerate hard at all its only been from 3rd gear and wouldnt even try that if it was wet at all. Like jurgen said to just have a play with it in a big open area away from cars etc

• 3 weeks later...

Hey again dude - cars looking great mate! :D sorry to hear about the bumper :-/ mine got cracked by a guy from the tyre place in town like when he decided to try and park it up backwards outside the shop... 2 days after painting. :-/

Good to read your enjoying the car though, not seen up about it yet I don't think, but do keep an eye out ^^,

Really must sort out to meet up like now you have the car at some point. :thumbs: