The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My NA-T Project - In The Beginning ..........

Nodalmighty

This is how I do the fog light on JDM :

http://www.nod-land.co.uk/assets/images/FogLight1.jpg

Diodes stop fog light and foot brake signals clashing but allow them to work independently.

http://www.nod-land.co.uk/assets/images/FogLight2.jpg

A lot easier than the relay method and achieves the same goal. I'm going to connect the rear fogs to the front fog light switch on the light stalk as I don't want random switches all over my dash.

My new front seats, I needed to cut the carpet out to sink my new sub amp low enough to clear the seats.

http://www.nod-land.co.uk/assets/images/NewSeats1.jpg

http://www.nod-land.co.uk/assets/images/NewSeats2.jpg

I'm going to have my OEM steering wheel, handbrake and auto selector clothed in the same manner (hopefully my those nice chaps at the Morgan factory in Malvern :) )

I also fixed my drivers side sill panel and installed new Alpine speakers in the rear. The OEM ones had crumbled into nothingness and all the rubber had disappeared so the paper cones were floating in mid air. I still can't believe they even made a sound let alone play music.

Lyndon.

Looking good, any more details on the diodes etc you use for the fog light conversion?

I'd seriously consider dyeing your carpet black while you're fitting the amp, it's a huge improvement.

Carpet is not worth doing it's to far gone.

Diodes are just 1N4004, nowt special.

Lyndon.

Edited by Nodalmighty (see edit history)

Just bought a 90mm Billet TB, well i like to snap up a bargain when they present themselves (£55 delivered) and the colour matches the bearing housing on my turbo :D

I shall have fun adapting the cruise control to use that monster :) Fortunately I'll be running a TT auto box so no line pressure cable required.

Lyndon.

That does look tasty. Where you going to relocate the sensors from the oem TB?

Do you mean the TPS and the idle control valve? OEM TPS should fit straight on (but I have various others should that not be the case). Idle valve is going to be replaced with twin Bosch PWM idle valves as I'll be running ALS and a K6 ecu.

Lyndon.

I've bought a pair of SRD's front speaker brackets to fit my Alpines. Not before time looking at what is left of the old OEM speaker.

http://www.nod-land.co.uk/assets/images/FrontSpeaker.jpg

lol :D

I've also bought a JBL 8" sub as I suspect the OEM woofer has suffered a similar fate.

Lyndon.

Did the full blue led conversion on my dash at the weekend. Blue back lights for dash, heater, ignition ring, ciggy ring, auto selector and ash tray. LED conversion for heater and dark blue film conversions for indicators, clock and odometer. Clock looks a bit gash but the rest is ok (not that this bothers me as the clock is being replaced with one of my TFT billet gauges in the near future). I used super Bright LEDS in the heater and they are bit much so a resistor conversion will need to be done to balance the bright v's dim ratio. Very nice conversion otherwise, however, I did forget how fiddly the heater ecu is to take apart :D

Pictures :)

That speaker made me laugh, did it actually make any noise??

I have no pictures. Just imagine a dash when everything that was one green or yellow is now blue :D

It does actually work but doesn't half crackle when you chuck some bass at it :D. My rears were exactly the same, only the sub is still intact. Alpine SXE 17's all round soon as I should have SRD front speaker brackets today hopefully. :) I have my 8" JBL sub in stock and need to make a enclosure for it (passenger side of the spare wheel looks good as there isn't anything there currently).

Lyndon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...