The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Gatwick Airport Parking

Holden1989

Hey Guys,

I know this may seem like a bit of a long shot but I used to use a guy down the road from Gatwick that would hire spaces on his driveway out for £25 a week during the holiday season - but I've lost his number :(

Does anyone know of anywhere similar?

Apart from it being obvious that the cars owner is out of the country, and the blatant rip of for airport parking I've never been fond of leaving it at the airport.

Any help would be appreciated, otherwise I'm gonna have to drive down there and knock on his door :(

I'm only about ten minutes from Gatwick. If you PM me the dates you need parking I'll ask my dad if he'd let you park here for similar money. Not sure if he'll go for the idea but I'll ask.

I'll sort you out a cup of tea and a lift to the airport too, assuming I'm not working at the time! :)

Thanks for the replies guys, Jamesy - I'm not sure what his name was but it was in Horley, it was down the road from a texaco garage (I think) and a junction with traffic lights

Thank you for the offer Kilps, I travel from Gatwick quite often so I may take you up on that :)

I've just booked the car in at Tudor Rose, I'm travelling next Wednesday so hopefully the car will be in one piece when I arrive back :)

Hi Kayla, you are more than welcome to store the car in my detailing garage whilst you are away. Plenty of space here and it will be more than secure. You could even return to it fully valeted/detailed should you wish :)

My number is below if i can help, i'm happy to store this for the cost in your post.

Christian

Hi Kayla, you are more than welcome to store the car in my detailing garage whilst you are away. Plenty of space here and it will be more than secure. You could even return to it fully valeted/detailed should you wish :)

My number is below if i can help, i'm happy to store this for the cost in your post.

Christian

Being über organised (for once), I booked a space at Gatwick this afternoon :(

Haha, leaving the same time Tuesday morning! Where you going?

I'm off to Turkey for a week, how about you?

Could well be my friend (neil)

Drop me a pm if you need anymore info

Neil rings a bell, it's a married couple who do it - could you possibly send me his number?

I thought you were going to leave the car at Gatwick, last time I went to book I was told I have to leave my car key behind & it totally put me off the idea!

Yeah, that's never appealed to me either but I'm not bothered as I'm not leaving my car :innocent: I think a postit on the dash with the mileage will suffice!

sod that i wouldnt leave my car key anywhere

Yep, my colleague left his Audi A4 there for 2 weeks, and when he came back the car obviously had been moved. He then noticed the mileage was about 30 miles or so more than what he left it as! He called back asking about this, and the chap said that the car did get moved about for spaces but that would have been couple of miles at most. He was certain he had been used more than just for that.

Could have stored it in my secure compound in the back end of butt fudge, complete with angry snarling german shepard, which is also spitting distance from the airport. Don't mean to worry you, but some of the afore mentioned parking companies use the unit next door to me to repair all the cars they whack! Had a nice 11 reg 500CLS in pearl white t'other day! eeeeek!

Yep, my colleague left his Audi A4 there for 2 weeks, and when he came back the car obviously had been moved. He then noticed the mileage was about 30 miles or so more than what he left it as! He called back asking about this, and the chap said that the car did get moved about for spaces but that would have been couple of miles at most. He was certain he had been used more than just for that.

thats the reason why i wouldnt leave the key you can be sure to have someone driving about in your motor while your on holiday