The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Original "DO-LUCK" SUPRA thread...!!

Jamesy

Some wierdo on the motorway.... :D

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1157616_498268573599835_1121393207_n.jpg

So there is... I can see him in your door mirror. :p

I was laughing so hard I nearly crashed when I passed you on the motorway and saw you and Lee whaling your arms around having a fit because of the wasp you decided to take home with you. :D

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As I said last night, that stance on the motorway looks AWESOME! Looked to have less than an inch clearance at the front! Paintwork just popped too! :cool:

Thanks mate, finally got it sitting just where i want it. The camber on the front is dreamboat!! :D

That's a handsome fella giving the thumbs up ;)

Still one the best supras in the land, nice seeing you and the car out mate :)

Thanks a lot mate, yeah you too was a cracking day. Lets get another one lined up soon.... Beconsfield or ace cafe etc

So there is... I can see him in your door mirror. :p

I was laughing so hard I nearly crashed when I passed you on the motorway and saw you and Lee whaling your arms around having a fit because of the wasp you decided to take home with you. :D

Haha. Mate that was so funny the wasp was hiding behind the roll cage. I open the window and thought i flicked it out!! Then when we lined up next to you again he appeared out the back seat with what looked like a machette ... Cue us pulling over sharpish to the hard shoulder and both fly out the doors!!!

'Nice 'n' cool Rodney' !!! :D

Guest Budz86

Ah! So that's why you pulled over! Was going to get Claire to ring Lee as I though you might have a problem! Then you just appeared 6" from my rear bumper! :D

And Steve, nice spot as I didn't see me in that photo!

• 2 weeks later...

Next on the to-do list to bring this back to its best is a full refurb of the chrome Double 6's.... trying to find somewhere to ge tthis done was a NIGHTMARE as no-one will touch a chrome plated wheel :blink: ...anyway i have it lined up to go to a place first to strip the chrome and undercoating off, then they'll be sent to probably Ibrar to chrome paint and make them all nice n shiney again!!

To go with the new wheels i've also just got some of these steel red wheel nuts and locking wheel nut set - hoping the red will set off against the red metal flake in the paintwork.... i'm also getting the front and rear calipers sprayed red soon :)

Stonkin has done a full stage 1 detail on it last year.

I also had him winter wax it last xmas time using marine wax which kept it nice and protected.

It needs the arch making good and spraying and then it'll be spot on for me :)

When you get the arch done make sure you get the paint shop to make up a little pot for you. Means if the colour match is spot on you can use it to sort any odd chips, they can then can be painted, flatted back & polished by stonkin with the right colour paint :)

Yeah mate if i ever manage to get a perfect mix i will be making a note of the colour code and keeping a pot for myself. Its very hard as the guys from Do-Luck just mixed it all up one night and sprayed it - no trace of how much red flake was used etc but hopefully the bodyshop will give it their best :cool:

Nice work mate, looking forward to seeing those wheels refurbed! Are the wheel nuts open? If so, you may want to clean the studs up :)

I went with closed as I couldn't be arsed!

Next on the to-do list to bring this back to its best is a full refurb of the chrome Double 6's.... trying to find somewhere to ge tthis done was a NIGHTMARE as no-one will touch a chrome plated wheel :blink: ...anyway i have it lined up to go to a place first to strip the chrome and undercoating off, then they'll be sent to probably Ibrar to chrome paint and make them all nice n shiney again!!

Where are you getting the chrome stripped fella? And how much did they quote you? I've got a set of chrome wheels that need stripping and found it a nightmare finding someone to do it that weren't an absolute rip off. I was going to send them to a guy Dnk knows but never got round too it.

I will dog out the name tomorow mate. I think it was around £370 for all 4 wheels to be stripped incouding the undercoat

- - - Updated - - -

Nice work mate, looking forward to seeing those wheels refurbed! Are the wheel nuts open? If so, you may want to clean the studs up :)

I went with closed as I couldn't be arsed!

Thanks mate, didnt think of that!!!!

I will dog out the name tomorow mate. I think it was around £370 for all 4 wheels to be stripped incouding the undercoat

- - - Updated - - -

Speak to Dnk mate, it was a while ago I spoke to him but he may still be in contact with the guy. He quoted me £60 to strip all the chrome off, but that was just for the centre part of my split rims. Worth a go though if it can save you some dollar. I want to get mine done still but everytime i look at the wheels or think about spending money on them I just want to hulk smash everything in my Garage...