The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dyno Days in different regions

CJ

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you know of anywhere in your region that might be suitable Steve? If so, how do you want to play this?

I'll check that place I mentioned earlier still exists - off J9 of the M5 so easy peasy for loads of people to get to. I'll do some digging tomorrow or a number and give them a call for an initial chat. :)

I'll check that place I mentioned earlier still exists - off J9 of the M5 so easy peasy for loads of people to get to. I'll do some digging tomorrow or a number and give them a call for an initial chat. :)

Nice one Steve

Let me know if you want me to do anything. ;)

Just started to chat to a dyno operator from Leicestershire about holding a dyno day for Supra's and MR2's. I will post up more details when I get the final figures and see how much interest there is.

Hi Colin,

Quick question - what was the cost (to the car owner) for a dyno run on the charity day?

Just so I know what I'm aiming for when I speak to the dyno I have in mind. I think they may be too expensive* but we'll see - don't worry, there are plenty of options if they are!

* = edit: aha, a bit more googling reveals the discounts people have got for organising dyno days. :)

Austec / Macmillan charged just £20 for a single power run. ;)

Cool - chap I spoke to seemed interested in the idea, I'm emailing him the full request/details now and he's going to get back to me when his business partner is there, tomorrow.

Have you got any info you can send me to help me set the scene Col, and any likely/confirmed input/support/PR from Macmillan?

Cool - chap I spoke to seemed interested in the idea, I'm emailing him the full request/details now and he's going to get back to me when his business partner is there, tomorrow.

email sent... will keep you posted.

Their dyno can take AWD (4WD) vehicles, but 'only' goes up to 720bhp: to factors for organisers to bear in mind. :)

I have spoken to DynoDaze at Hinkley in Leicestershire and they are up for setting up a day. :)

@SteveR - To generate interest, I will post up on MR2OC and IMOC for the MR2 crowd and obviously on here too. If the dyno can handle 4WD then I can get a few mates to post up on the other forums too plus I have friends (yes, that's a shock eh) that can post on Aristo, Soarer and other sites.

Once a date is confirmed, Macmillan then send out press releases to the local papers and contact local radio stations asking them to give the event a bit of exposure. There is no guarantee they will but they do try. They will also send along volunteers on the day with buckets, leaflets etc.

After the event, I ask people who have taken pics and video to send them to me so I can publish them on the car sites and Macmillan also put them in press releases and on their site and FB sites.

If you need any other info just give me a shout. ;)

I have spoken to DynoDaze at Hinkley in Leicestershire and they are up for setting up a day. :)

@SteveR - To generate interest, I will post up on MR2OC and IMOC for the MR2 crowd and obviously on here too. If the dyno can handle 4WD then I can get a few mates to post up on the other forums too plus I have friends (yes, that's a shock eh) that can post on Aristo, Soarer and other sites.

Once a date is confirmed, Macmillan then send out press releases to the local papers and contact local radio stations asking them to give the event a bit of exposure. There is no guarantee they will but they do try. They will also send along volunteers on the day with buckets, leaflets etc.

After the event, I ask people who have taken pics and video to send them to me so I can publish them on the car sites and Macmillan also put them in press releases and on their site and FB sites.

If you need any other info just give me a shout. ;)

Nice one - I said pretty much this to the guy but I'll copy & paste it and forward on, just to confirm. :)

Are you hoping to be making an appearance at these local events? Dunno how you have the energy, my dad was/is knackered from his treatments but all worthwhile in the end.

Nice one - I said pretty much this to the guy but I'll copy & paste it and forward on, just to confirm. :)

Are you hoping to be making an appearance at these local events? Dunno how you have the energy, my dad was/is knackered from his treatments but all worthwhile in the end.

I will definitely be there my friend. :)

My chemo has now finished and whilst I still get very tired late afternoon, I still have enough energy to do lots during the day - just ask those who came to the day at Austec. :D

Plus this type of thing gives me a sense of purpose and the opportunity to look forward to future events - even if the time scale on my future is a little vague.

TBH, I need these events far more than they need me ;)

...Plus this type of thing gives me a sense of purpose and the opportunity to look forward to future events - even if the time scale on my future is a little vague.

TBH, I need these events far more than they need me ;)

Then we'll make sure it happens then! :)

Besides, Kate, Dan and I haven't seen you for ages and you haven't met our newish arrival, Henry! He loves cars, even though he's only 7 months old. ;)

NB: If there is an event organiser out there reading this who is near me, please shout as I don't want to step on anyone's toes! I looked through the staff list but don't think there is anyone near here (Worcester-Tewkesbury way)?

Besides, Kate, Dan and I haven't seen you for ages and you haven't met our newish arrival, Henry! He loves cars, even though he's only 7 months old. ;)

Wow - I didn't know about Henry. Congratulations to you both! I think the last time I saw you and the family was just before I left for Kos when we met at a pub. It will be great to catch up again. ;)

Just about to send you a PM too as I have had great news re. a major car event and need some advice. :D

Wow - I didn't know about Henry. Congratulations to you both! I think the last time I saw you and the family was just before I left for Kos when we met at a pub. It will be great to catch up again. ;)

Yeah I think you're right. I kinda disappeared from the forum for a while not long after, work just got mental and I'd SORN'd the Supra so there wasn't much point.

Just about to send you a PM too as I have had great news re. a major car event and need some advice. :D

Standing by! :thumbs:

your more than welcome to come over and you no we will look after you and keep you right lol

I've already been looking at ferries and the like. Now we just need to find a dyno operator who fancies the idea. :D

Guest suprageek

As long as there's no competitions for doin doughnuts you'll be ok darragh lol just u stick to the dyno, what's the 6 speed like in the sup does it make a huge difference?