The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dyno Days in different regions

CJ

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Col, Been away for a few days so only just seen your Pm and this thread.

Sounds like a great idea and I believe there is a dyno not to far from Ipswich. I will find out who they are and whwre they are and come straight back to you.

Martyn.

I have been approached by another dyno operator from Leicester who is prepared to donate 100% of the takings on the day to Macmillan.

Are there any members from Leicester interested?

I'd be interested on popping along, now the NA's here. They wouldn't be based in Syston, Leics, would they by any chance?

I'd be interested on popping along' date=' now the NA's here. They wouldn't be based in Syston, Leics, would they by any chance?[/quote']

They are indeed. I have started a new thread here for people to put their names down.

I just chased the place I'm hoping will support the idea, they've said they are flat out this week mapping various race cars (apparently the bulk of the amateur racing season starts this weekend) so I'm calling them back again next week to try and get something sorted - a bit disappointing but I'm still hopeful they'll be on board. I've already done them a favour in effect as I sent a mate to use their rolling road for some DIY mapping earlier today, so they will hopefully return it. If not then I'll just find somewhere else - simple solution! :)

BTW I've got the nod from the club's moderators to proceed and organise something near my way, if no official events organiser wants to take it on or is able to. :thumbs:

Trying to contact frost motorsport with no joy, also, engine advantages of witham's phone number is unavailable.

Got hold of a company called R and M auto electrics in colchester, the chap there wasn't especially helpful as he has done this in the past with no thanks and no proof of the money going to charity so thanks to the Peugeot club for that!

He is willing to do a discount and open on a sunday, 2 x power runs for £15 and would want at least 10 cars, We would need to charge 25-30 so the other half went to Macmillan.

Im going to branch out my search to Norwich and Cambrigeshire to see if I get a better response.

Will keep you posted Col.

Thanks Martyn - if the owners are reticent due to not knowing where the money goes, I will make sure there are people from Macmillan there on the day to confirm they have the money.

I would also link them to both the justgiving pages and very soon we will have letters of thanks from Macmillan for giving them around £5300 from the last campaign - and that doesn't include whatever we get from Santander match funded.!