The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi UK Supra owners! Kirk from the US... checking in!

Guest Kirk200

Guest Kirk200
Kirk, do you know if there are 98 RSP NA Hardtops in US? Or they were never produced?

Hello Emperor -

I did some research many years ago and back then I made a spreadsheet from data supposedly from Toyota of America... showing US sales data. If someone can tell me how to post an XLS on this forum, I will do so - I've made some screen caps and posted below (as pictures) showing all of the MKIV production information *for the US market only*. If it isn't readable, here is the text pulled from just the 1997 and 1998 (RSP colored) models:

1997: RSP Twin Turbo 6-speed w/Sport Roof: 21 units (my car is one of these :))

1997: RSP Twin Turbo Auto w/Sport Roof: 34 units

1998: RSP Twin Turbo 6-speed w/Sport Roof: 10 units

1998: RSP Twin Turbo Auto w/Sport Roof: 16 units

As you see above... Toyota made *no* hardtop models in RSP for the US market... in fact, from what my data shows, they didn't import *twin turbo* hardtop models into the US after 1995 (so there are no facelift models in the US with a hardtop either)... Toyota just produced a very minimal amount of hardtops from 1993-1995 (for twin turbo versions at least). Another interesting point was no twin turbo/6-speed models were sold in 1996 within the US... I believe due to a temporary emissions rules change (fixed in 1997). 1996 was also when a loaded twin turbo model was sticker priced at >$50K - the peak price for Supras in the US. In 1997, my twin turbo model was sticker priced just below $40K...

Picture of the XLS (if you want this XLS, send me your email and I can forward, and you can post to this site if you want to)...

MKIV Supra Sales Info (USA market).jpg

I've added one more bit of sales data - this is supposed to be the official sales data (from Toyota). Also in my XLS...

The per-year numbers don't add up exactly to the chart above, but Toyota's chart doesn't do any color breakdown.

Somewhere in the middle of these is probably the truth, but they do correlate somewhat.

Toyota Supra Sales Info (USA market).JPG

Regards,

- Kirk

Edited by Kirk200
added a second XLS screen cap... (see edit history)

Thank you very much for the info, but it shows only Twin Turbo Supras (I know there are no Turbo Hardtops 97 and 98) and I am interested in NA. Saw on supraforums.com that few ppl mentioned 98 RSP NA Auto Hardtop and I remember seeing one for sale like 4-5 years ago, but can't remember if it was 98 or 97...

Guest Kirk200

Understood... yes, the color data that I had access to was for twin turbo models only. I never had access to any NA model color data. The only years in the US that Toyota imported the RSP color (as you know) was in 1997 and 1998... Sorry I could not help further.

Regards,

- Kirk

Guest Kirk200
Thanks for clarifying the dial question guys. You getting an active spoiler for it Kirk? You'll be the envy mate, I know the're a much sort after item in the states.

Hi Hammer -

Yes, I just purchased that mint one for sale by Supra N/A (here: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?266342-Active-Front-Spoiler-(Full-Kit)-ecu-etc-GOOD-condition!). It looks like a super clean assembly - I am really looking forward to installing it and trying it out. I haven't ever seen an active spoiler in person here in the US, but I think at least a couple of people have them - but I agree, extremely rare over here. I really appreciate the work Supra N/A has done to support me.

Regards,

- Kirk

Yes, I imported the TRD steering wheel many years ago... it was the ~2nd blue one in the US for a while... I more recently installed the TRD shift light (let me know if you guys need the special DIP switch settings to make it work with our 6-cylinder engines) and the TRD gauge set (turbo boost and oil pressure).

She is a bit of a garage queen... only 11,000 original miles, bought her new in 1997 (special order from Japan, since at that time no local US dealers carried any real inventory). In the US, they made ~22 of the Supras in Royal Sapphire Pearl (RSP).

Regards,

- Kirk

The best colour (or color if you spell U.S style!) :)