The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Complete newbie

hob

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JEEZ MAN!!!!! R U serious? UR really gonna let her D-D-D-D-D-Drive ya NEW Supra? Hmmmmmm, was she watching you write that post, by any chance? lol:scare:

:lol:

Know what you mean, but don't have much choice without being a total b*$t*d as she can't afford her own car at the minute so taking her off the insurance is pretty much like taking her licence of her!! ........2nd thoughts, maybe its better done this way rather than her actually losing her licence through driving the Supe ..... :sly:

There being no such thing as UK n/a spec might not be helping there.... all UK's are TT m8 :)

I meant uk spec right hand drive etc. Most of the insurer's sites dont even list the sz :(

some please insure me other than budget and for less than £5,000 :(

It's the UK one.

There's only 1 UK supra, it's just called the UK supra (I think that's right). Basically the NA and various versions like GZ and RZ and RZ-S etc. are all japs.

The UK is the one with the silly bonnet skoop and dildos stuck on the front! :p

It's the UK one.

There's only 1 UK supra, it's just called the UK supra (I think that's right). Basically the NA and various versions like GZ and RZ and RZ-S etc. are all japs.

The UK is the one with the silly bonnet skoop and dildos stuck on the front! :p

Is it a turbo or twin? and whats the bhp isnt it some uber l33t 300+ bhp? and aslo what is the supra turbo (single i guess?)

Aah yes, insurers get mixed up with the Supra turbo - which will be the MK III. Make sure you demand it to be insured for a MK IV, thats "A MARK FOUR!!!".

All MK IVs are twin turbo (except the NA obviously).

some will be single but they are modified and will be sold as such, none came out the factory with a single turbo.

Assume all MKIV turbos are 320ish bhp, a decat will get you up to 400 either way!! The japs are meant to be 280 but they're never that low.

Aah yes, insurers get mixed up with the Supra turbo - which will be the MK III. Make sure you demand it to be insured for a MK IV, thats "A MARK FOUR!!!".

All MK IVs are twin turbo (except the NA obviously).

some will be single but they are modified and will be sold as such, none came out the factory with a single turbo.

Assume all MKIV turbos are 320ish bhp, a decat will get you up to 400 either way!! The japs are meant to be 280 but they're never that low.

well thats gay :( the single turbo III was the cheapest quote :complain:

Yeah it will be.

Seriously the UK will be cheaper than the NA purely because it's not a jap import! Find a UK spec on ebay or something and get a quote with that number plate.

Look on Adrian Flux website, they said they wouldn't insure me until I'd owned the car for a year but it's the best quote I had - so if that's too much then give up! :p

Look on Adrian Flux website, they said they wouldn't insure me until I'd owned the car for a year but it's the best quote I had - so if that's too much then give up! :p

Ill check out the TT, Na they wanted £2900 :cry:

A word of advice to all those looking to get supra insurance for the first time: make sure they quote you for the correct car. Sounds obvious, but I've lost track of the number of times that I've phoned up a broker/insurer, asked for a quote on my imported NA, then when I ask them to confirm, it turns out they've quoted me for a mkIII or something. On the documents they send you, double-check the engine size (nearest cc if possible), whether it's a mkIII or mkIV, and if it's an imported one, try to ensure that it's got the import model code on the documents somewhere (e.g. SZ, GZ, RZ). You DO NOT want to have UK-spec insurance for an imported car: if you were to have a prang, you'd be up the creek without a paddle. :)

You DO NOT want to have UK-spec insurance for an imported car: if you were to have a prang, you'd be up the creek without a paddle. :)

Yea, im aming for a uk spec car, the insurance is cheaper on a uk tt than an imported n/a :shrug: are the mkIII and mkIV slightly different cc? i.e MkIII 2994 and MKIV 2997 ?