The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New Boostlogic exhaust

JamieP

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cant the blue burning on the whifbitz exhaust polish off?

Im sort of happy i got your exhaust but i do feel it might be a tad loud lol

Yeah, BL is far to loud:innocent:

I will swap you, your crappy old BL for my Titanium system?

EDT, you're right, just tried some metal polish and the blue does come off, cheers.

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

Very nice, did you make that yourself? is it all one part?

a friend has a workshop.

two parts, 5" downpipe and reducer to 4.5", then vband to the rest.

downpipe section fresh out of the wrapping from thermal coating

Nice what is the clearance like around the rear subframe ? also thats a long backbox !

we notched the subframe a bit. the exhaust goes close, there is maybe 5mm or so, but its held quite firmly in the vertical axis so it doesnt touch anywhere. i wanted the size but tucked up as high as possible, thats the advantage of custom, you can do what you want.

i got him to make the last can as long as possible in order to muffle as much as possible. ha. its still ridiculously loud. the noise carrying capacity rises with the cross sectional area, so that half inch makes an approx 20% difference in noise, which is quite noticable comparing it to an otherwise identical 4" setup. with a bit of assistance i made a custom baffle which is almost the full length of that last can which i keep in the back seat wrapped in a towel for mornings and whenever it has to be quieter. it sucks driving it like that though cos you feel like youre hamstrung. jamie knows the feeling im sure.

if i had to do it again i would do 5" into twin 3.5" nestled either side of the driveshaft, and out either side of the diff with custom cutouts in the bumper, get the standard one plastic welded/filled in. more csa overall and less noise. kind of like sw's setup but retaining the standard bumper height. with a custom fuel tank to accommodate the pipes, and the pipes in titanium to offset the weight. all adds up to a lot of effort but would be worth it i think. plus it would make it easier to approach proper deep section rear ground effects.

Very nice :D

Hope that's not a rubber fuel line running over the hot exhaust though.

it is, but the braid insulates fairly well plus its further away than it looks. theres a decent air gap and its also cooled by the fuel flowing within. its spent its fair share of time on the hoist, where its easy to inspect everything. although speaking of doing it over i would probably do a mechanical fuel pump instead which would entail different routing. and xrp kevlar crimped hose instead of stainless braid as its about half the weight, and theres a fair bit of it.

Im testing a new 4" exhaust in the next couple of days, wait to see what thats like till you order.

have you tested it yet mate?

any idea how loud version 1 and 2 of the new BL exhuast is compared to the original BL exhaust currently on the market?