The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help with stainless manifold please

Suprakeith

I charge from when i start the job not when the cutter touches the material :) :D

Excluding the carrying to the machine part, i'll throw that in for free :D

Also i think this could vibrate like a vibrating thing so it might not be that straight

forward depending on how you can clamp it.

Clamping up a split face manifold is not exactly straightforward, they can be a nightmare to clamp rigidly.

The only way really would be to machine them seperately and just take the same amount

off each side.

I doubt it would fix the issue though if they've warped already then making them even thinner

isn't going to help.

Well had play like said and checked manifold flanges and the rear flange is warped by half a mill and is also 1 mill thiner than the front flange, am going to fit standard back on friday as want use of my car back. understand about the extra tension on head studs as when fitted it for the 1st time had to pull exhaust abit to line up with the manifold downpipe. Am going to take the stainless manifold to local machine shop and get both flanges milled the same thinkness so that then are perfect and smooth and will try refit the stainless manifold in couple weeks again. remember someone saying about a thicker gasket aswell any idea where i can get them from please? also when the manifold is fitted will i be able to weld some tension rods onto manifold to help? if not is it worth having it done before refit? really do want to keep stainless manifold and get it fitted spot on, i know it can warp again but am looking at getting tt lump fitted start next year maybe end of this year. just mainly want stainless manifold fitted for this year so can enjoy the shows plus improve performance on car.