The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just bought a new Motor :D

rob wild

lol I'm a bit overbudget this month but have plans for a Litchfield upgrade soon :) Their Stage 1 + Gearbox upgrade is very tempting! Any shots of the HD widescreen? Does yours have the improved DIS? (Black/white instead of orange/red)

I'll take some shot's tomorrow when I pick it up :) Yeah the Litchfield upgrade does look very good! Not sure on the DIS I'll check :)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't worry Plenty of pictures to follow and may be a couple of vids ;) :D

Tease!!!! How good is it??? Very jealous! I sell my supra to buy my first house, you buy a gtr. :(

On a scale of 1 to 10 its a 100 honestly! The power delivery is instant and savage when you want it to be! The box is amazing coming to a bend and paddle shifting down with the ecu blipping the throttle to match the speed, with car in R R R mode the handling is flat, hard and grippy :cool: and then when the fun is over and you just want to cruise you have your integrated MFD with HD screen for DIVX/DVD, Sat NAV, phone, I was even stream spotify off my iPhone through the MFD and all the controls on the steering wheel work. Or just use the voice recognition :)

I've said this before but its the best of my two favourite cars i.e. The comfort of the Supra and general nice place to (and then some) and the bonkers performance from my old 750hp R34 GTR V-Spec!

Plus for me I've got business rate finance on it so I've got very low monthly's with a healthy deposit, the insurance is 6-700 pounds and damn thing was doing 28-30mpg on the motorway cruising back!!!!

Very nice car Rob congratulations, can I ask why you sold the R34?, I've never driven one, but they are a car I would love to own and might one day afford (they tick all the boxes in theory).

The R34 is an excellent drivers car IMO. They're very RAW with awesome levels of grip and high speed control, I safely completed moves that I would just have not dreamed of in the Supra! The thing with R34 is so make them truly entertaining you need to modify them a bit like the Supra with most folk moving to BPU then Single. The problem then is they can be a pain in the rear with parts being very expensive! In the end after a year or so I just had, had enough of constantly spending cash on it and really I want a car that had much better manners. Having said all that I've been out in plenty of other R34 running 500ish hp and were totally civilised so I suppose its how much performance you want IMO sticking to around 500 gives you the best of both worlds.

But I will miss windows down, full high boost with an RB26, To4z, open screamer and flames spitting out an every change! Possibly the exciting thing ever lol :cool:

The R34 is an excellent drivers car IMO. They're very RAW with awesome levels of grip and high speed control, I safely completed moves that I would just have not dreamed of in the Supra! The thing with R34 is so make them truly entertaining you need to modify them a bit like the Supra with most folk moving to BPU then Single. The problem then is they can be a pain in the rear with parts being very expensive! In the end after a year or so I just had, had enough of constantly spending cash on it and really I want a car that had much better manners. Having said all that I've been out in plenty of other R34 running 500ish hp and were totally civilised so I suppose its how much performance you want IMO sticking to around 500 gives you the best of both worlds.

But I will miss windows down, full high boost with an RB26, To4z, open screamer and flames spitting out an every change! Possibly the exciting thing ever lol :cool:

Hmm, maybe when the time comes i'll look for one already modified then :) cheers.