The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What bush kit to use

Guest adam b

I taught it is roughly the same.as OEM money

I would be worried If the company ever went under, I am focusing on handling this year and next, will try get everything replaced rather than chasing pwer just considering ikyea formula

The Ikeya Formula parts are more expensive, it's been a while since I checked prices but it use to be at least 30% more for the lot.

I looked into the Ikeya arms last year when my wishbones went, they were a fair bit more expensive from memory and I was advised on here that they probably wouldn't stand up to daily driving on uk roads for too long, I went with the oem upper wishbones in the end for longevity. As someone said earlier it was an eye watering experience, akin to being shafted by a marrow and having to pay for the experience..........I imagine.

Even with just new upper rears the handling was sooooo much better.

Rob

Not cheap but I guarantee you won't be disappointed, the difference it made to mine was staggering, ride quality, grip and handling were transformed. It actually shocked me just how much of a difference it made, I'd obviously been driving around for some time not realising just how bad the handling had got.

A friend of mine who use to do competitive racing set it up for me which also made a big difference, turn in was sharper, cornering speeds were significantly quicker and there was so much more grip when putting down the power out of the corners.

When I first got my Supra I did what a lot of us do and spent money on chasing more power, if I ever get another Supra optimising the handling and braking would be my first priority over any performance mods. I would chose a properly set up Supra running stock power over a BPU Supra with tired suspension everytime now.

COOL COOL COOL thats what was hoping to hear nic,,its all well and good have a car that looks good has a nice engine sat in it but is a tired old hag under neath and doesent handle eny more..

now im really looking forwerd to getting the new bits on the old soop.

I also looked into the ikeya over the oem ,and as my car will not be a die hard track car the oem will do me just fine .

but i would like some one like chris wilson to set the car up for me , and let him drive it and be happy with it. i wont my car to really handle you know what i mean,like a new car..

So what sort of mileage should one consider a suspension refresh..

My car is doing 115000kms, it seems to handle fine, but I have no frame of reference, being the only Supra I have ever driven...

It isn't just mileage unfortunately. Age will come into it quite a bit as well. If your car is 18 years old and on it's original wishbones with 120k on the clock I would say they would benefit from a change. That's not to say they aren't fine, they probably are for the most part, but you will notice a large difference.

It isn't just mileage unfortunately. Age will come into it quite a bit as well. If your car is 18 years old and on it's original wishbones with 120k on the clock I would say they would benefit from a change. That's not to say they aren't fine, they probably are for the most part, but you will notice a large difference.

Well mine is lowered, so I guess that won't help....

I am fitting a set of Tein flex soon, will inspect them and decide..

• 2 weeks later...