The mkiv Supra Owners Club

mk4 Golf - cant open rear offside door...

edd_t

On my partners mk4 Golf the rear door no longer wants to open!

when either pulling the door release from inside or the handle on the outside the pin comes up a little but not all the way and it wont unlock. trying both at the same time whilst also pulling the pin has no affect either.

got the good old Haynes manual out, but to get to any of the mechanism you need to remove the inside door trim, which cant be done unless the door is open.

So apart from smashing the door trim to pieces to get to the mechanism, I'm a bit stumped.

Any ideas???

Not another one! It's a very common issue covering passats, boras and golfs. You need to get the doorcard off and re attached / replace the clip that holds the release rod onto the latch.

• 2 months later...

just incase anyone searches for this in future....

I sorted it by squirting about 1/2 can of WD40 into every nook, cranny, gap, seal, whole, you name it i sprayed it, around the rear door.

2 days later the pin popped up!!!

I now have a spare door cards! lol