The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TheTurtlesHead's Fuse Box to Boot Relocation Guide

TheTurtleshead

Depends on the sort of standard you work to ;) I'm a perfectionist and work to the absolute highest standards. Hence why I decided to do this as part of my engine bay blingathon!

Fair play to you fella, you have done a superb job. :)

Mind you, for the more ham fisted, sausage fingered members like me out there, I could see this ending in tears if tried. :D

• 2 months later...

lol confuses me, i really want to do this but once those wires are cut i would be in a crap lol

could do with doing it well before the spray job too but i cant solder, im useless. sounds really stupid but how are you guys soldering the wires together?

end to end and cover in solder?

• 4 weeks later...
same but i really need it done lol

If it makes you feel better im doing this and crapping myself too :) Just follow the guide as its a blimin good write up and we should be fine...

Just one question (and probably more), If I relocate the battery to the boot at the same time, can I just take the group of cables off the positive terminal and join to a piece of 0 Gauge using a distribution box then run it to the boot and clamp back on to the positive terminal? Or do I have to extend each cable?

the main problem i have is i cant just cut my fusebox out and go and get the wires measured up, thats my main worry getting the wires right.

other than that looks simple enough

there is nowhere i can take the fusebox close to get the right wires near me so i would have to order online,

the main problem i have is i cant just cut my fusebox out and go and get the wires measured up, thats my main worry getting the wires right.

other than that looks simple enough

there is nowhere i can take the fusebox close to get the right wires near me so i would have to order online,

Im in the same position as you so let us know what you decide to get and i`ll see if it matches what I order. Need to order a good pair of wire stripers and a soilder iron too...

So ive just made a shopping list of bits I need for this mod. Just a quick thought, if im removing the air con, abs and trac is it worth me cutting these wires out all together to narrow the amount down that needs to be soldered?

EDIT: Also do you use multi strand for the smaller wires or single strand?

Edited by Kaan W (see edit history)