The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Jaguar XKR Coupe 5.0 Supercharged V8 R Auto

SupraAyf

What do you think of the XKR guys? Here's a few shots from the net.

They de-value faster than a falling brick off a cliff so there's some nice deals to be had.

Besides the power difference, I rather like the look of an XKR over an R35 as its lines are smoother. In all honesty but I reckon that the chief designer to the XKR project has owned a Supra at some time in his life.:cool:

I'm off to google the stats?

EDIT: Here we go:

So far we’ve only had a go in the XKR coupé, and it’s clear that the new supercharged V8 has transformed what was an extremely good GT into an excellent one. And an extremely fast one. A lack of poke certainly wasn’t a glaring deficiency of the old XKR, but the new engine means that it shoots from 0-60mph in just 4.6sec, compared with 4.9sec. The killer blow is that the XKR now fires from 50-70mph in 1.9sec, up against the 2.5sec it took the old one.

TBH it's a different level to the GTR. Outright performance isn't everything :)

True Gaz.

I would rather go for reliability and build quality over performance within reason. Once you are in a Sub 5 second 0 - 60 car the differences in driver abilities make all the difference.

I have always fancied on of these but the lack of a manual stick has always put me off.

H.

The two cars pictured are circling around the 50k-mark, give or take. I have seen a few threads recently about cars, speed, looks and v8+ engines and this just seems to tick all of the requirements that I would want (i.e. desire) in a car.

It sounds snobby I know but saying to people that you own a fast Jaguar rather than super-fast Nissan has definitely got a positive ring to it.:D