The mkiv Supra Owners Club

uk bonnets

barneybrendan

Is there any evidence that the scoop (+ internals) improves mpg? Thats what it was designed for after all. Just not sure if it makes much difference. Looks cool though.

Not heard that one before. Wasn't the scoop and snorkel there to cool the manifold during high speed testing?

Isn't it essentially the same bonnet just with the scoop and its associated parts (that hardly weigh anything)

I would think they are the same, especially as the jspec comes with the holes marked ready to cut/drill. I didn't know this until this thread, but does make me wonder why some people get the scoop in the wrong place :)

Your j-soec bonnet has the cut outs and holes ready to be drilled so you cant go wrong with fitting it in the right place, if you take the black sound stuff off you will see its easy to fit.

Drill from inside using the holes that are there and it fits perfect.

I am only going by this post. I haven't taken the sound deadening off to check though.

If you decide to go for it give me a shout. I'll let you know what parts not to bother with. The whole kit is over £180 but you really only need a few parts if it's just for the look. If you want it fully integrated it will cost a fortune as you need the snorkel and the heatshield.

May be worth a pm

I would think they are the same, especially as the jspec comes with the holes marked ready to cut/drill. I didn't know this until this thread, but does make me wonder why some people get the scoop in the wrong place :)

Have you seen some of the threads on here? :D

It's pretty much impossible to get wrong if you have any sense. Drill through the holes, as mentioned, then mark out the cutout on the other side of the bonnet, centering it via the holes.. Best to use an elastic wheel on a dremmel or something like that, I used an angle grinder and it was SCARY. Job done.