The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Chrome rad/batt clamps group buy

supradibbs

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

excellent, I should have abit more bling before the summer ends then. This is where I am at the moment

[img]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y158/benandjoe/DSC00131.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y158/benandjoe/DSC00130.jpg[/img]

problem guys went to toyota today and they only had half the order,the other half is on back order and wont be ready untill monday.

So this means i cant get them to the chromer untill monday/tuesday as i cant take 1/2 a order to him as he then wont do it for the aggreed price

Very sorry about this guys but as iam sure you will understand it is out of my control

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

wayne,

come on, and good news / bad news

I have aload of bits to put on together so any idea's when??

Also, are you guys coming up to the NE Meet in October, includes a night out in the Toon, accomodation on offer 2!! :scare:

***MAJOR PROBLEMS****

I have been to see him as he requested i do so,and i walked in his place to find a diaster zone

Bascially what has happend is the clamps went to the polisher and were polished i then picked them up and took them to the chromer,the chromer then has put them hydro chloric tank to remove the Zinc as went as normal they fizzed up and turned black nothing abnormal there,they were then put in tha tank to be chromed and left removed after the normal time and holy crap what a mess they have all kinda blistard and peeling for want of a better word neither of us can figure out what has happend but there are flakes of chrome all over his workshop!!!!!

Now we are hopping to resolve this by completly stripping them tonight and taking then down to the base materal but of course this means they will then need to go back to the polisher before being chromed,now we are not sure alll this will be possiable and it may mean if either A, Refund B,source all new clamps so at the very least iam now £100 out of pocket and quite possiable alot more but we will over come some how all i ask is for is your contiuned patents guys

I will keep you all posted as soon as i hear any more(this job has been one nightmare after the other :swear:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.