The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Aerocatches eventually fitted

drift_bear

take some pics of the rust dude, they should not rust if they are real????

its just the head of the screw/bolt nothing else. they are still bonded down anyway so im not that worried, just more confused. i dont think the weather here has helped much either tbh, the ammount of rain thats fallen and etc.

will just have to repaint them using a better black paint.

Edited by drift_bear (see edit history)

They look like ordinary black phosphated countersunk Allen bolts, so they WILL rust. Need to be stainless or Ti to last. Maybe black anodized alloy if you are worried about the colour.

yeah thats the type of bolts they are, should they have started to rust that quick chris? it dosnt bother me that much tbh, was just curious if anyone else had this problem

Hi Alex, sorry only just got home from work, I have sent you a Pm and will get you some pics of the new set that has arrived today

They shouldn't be rusting already

I will post up a pic of everything that has come in this box, as I didn't have all the paperwork with my fake ones either

Sorry I would do it now, but my bed is calling

Hi Alex, sorry only just got home from work, I have sent you a Pm and will get you some pics of the new set that has arrived today

They shouldn't be rusting already

I will post up a pic of everything that has come in this box, as I didn't have all the paperwork with my fake ones either

Sorry I would do it now, but my bed is calling

Ok mate, will wait and see these pics. Like I said I checked the catches and they are all real, so I think its just a rubbish set of bolts tbh. The catches are bonded to the bonnet anyway so they won't be going anywhere lol

Those bolts don't look right, from your pics, they look roundhead instead of flat

Mine has been on for about 4 days and it's pretty much rained every day since and no sign of rust at all

Here's a couple of pics to show the flat heads

Comparing yours to mine, they don't look the same at all, your catches seem to have a lip around the inside edge and the bolts look totally different, they are actually different to the fakes I had as well

The bit I have marked with Red crosses is wrong I am afraid as well as the bolts

Looks in the picture if ihas been made from more than one piece of plastic

Looks very strange. It's as if the top half is fake yet the lower half is real. Can you take a picture of the underside of the flap? The flap looks very much like the fake one Rog posted. The mechanism plastics on the inside look fine though.

I checked the catches fully over and they were fine, I just think that the wrong bolts were put in the pack tbh