The mkiv Supra Owners Club

car wash paint damage!

FOSTA

Lol no the paint hasn't come off lol it's just excess wax in the gaps of the kit as I wax the car every weekend and like I said I tried abit of G3 so I havnt cleaned the excess G3 from the gaps yet as I'm still trying to see if I can polish the whitness away lol.

They are not the best pics as the it started to get abit dark so they don't look very clear I will try again when I have better light :-)

Not good mate and definetly a lesson learnt :( Be interesting to see what they have to say, but unfortunately i think you will struggle. I'm fairly sure a good detailing session should sort it for you. Get some prices for a detailer local to you so you are equipped with some costs for fixing when they call you back.
yeah good idea mate! I'm sure this won't get me any where with them but if it is a problem with the soap being too strong hopfully it will make them awhare and get the soap changed so it stops this happening to somebody else.

I think your paint has come off, I took mine to these clowns only to notice a week later my spoiler had same problem like you, end result was another spoiler respray.

Yeah I think it's gona take a respray to sort it like as the G3 didnt even reduce it. And I had a red car a few year back with a pink roof as the sun had bleached it and abit of g3 brought it back up red again and looking like new. But it has no affect on this so I think it looks like a respray :(

Edited by FOSTA (see edit history)

Micro blisters are nearly always caused by moisture either in the air line when the car was painted, or condensation on the car when it was painted, so I guess it's highly unlikely they just occurred during the washing. frost usually causes them to show initially as the trapped water expands as it turns to ice and lifts a tiny blister in the paint. Apparently the only way to get rid of them is to sand down to whatever substrate is below, sometimes even to bare metal. Micro blisters and lifting lacquer are always a nightmare to have corrected :(

Micro blisters are nearly always caused by moisture either in the air line when the car was painted, or condensation on the car when it was painted, so I guess it's highly unlikely they just occurred during the washing. frost usually causes them to show initially as the trapped water expands as it turns to ice and lifts a tiny blister in the paint. Apparently the only way to get rid of them is to sand down to whatever substrate is below, sometimes even to bare metal. Micro blisters and lifting lacquer are always a nightmare to have corrected :(

Oh! I've only just noticed them I wonder if the last owner had a full respay then :-/.

There not that bad anyways I will go and get it checked out and get it fixed as I want it looking as clean and tidy as I can. :-)

ok ive just got off the phone to morrisons! as soon as i tried to explain thay transferred me to the petrol station so i started to explain to him and all i got was " i dont know what chemical is in the machines and im by myself so can you ring back tomorrow"

i thought was wasnt very helpfull. so i asked if there was a manager i could speek to and he replied " ask for linda lamb but shes not in untill tomorrow".

i cant really see this getting me anywhere with them but its worth a shot.

Hi mate I am a duty manager at Morrisons, the guy you spoke to sounds like he just wanted to get rid of you as there is ALWAYS two people in the petrol station. Maybe the other one was in the toilet or out but not likely! Always ask for the duty manager as that is your best hope of a resolution as they have to do something because its there arse on the line if a complaint goes to head office. Unfortunately there is a disclaimer saying that you use the wash at your own risk and that Morrisons won't liable for any damage caused. They might help you as a gesture of good will but they are not obliged to, good luck.

I think that your car has been badly sprayed in the past and a proper wash has just taken off the bad paint, but to be honest, i really don't believe that Morrisons car wash will use strong chemicals, they put 50p worth of washing soap in those machines.

I am sure the chemical comes in neat as its mixed in the jet wash itself, maybe the machine wasn't mixing right and the solution was too strong but you would have to get samples and test the mixture strength. If you can prove the machine was at fault you might have a leg to stand on.

I think that your car has been badly sprayed in the past and a proper wash has just taken off the bad paint, but to be honest, i really don't believe that Morrisons car wash will use strong chemicals, they put 50p worth of washing soap in those machines.

I don't think it's been badly sprayed at all mate. I've had the car 2 year now and it gets a good clean every week and it always comes out looking bright and glossy (not saying its perfect as there are a few marks here and there).Also I drive it down my unit to clean it and it goes indoors to get dried off and the lighting in there shows up the slightest imperfections so I would notice a badly sprayed car. I polished the car 2 weeks back and it was absolutely fine when I drove down to see hodge and it was left on the drive for a week until Sunday just gone when I took it to the jet wash. There is no flaking paint what so ever and the marks are where the soap suds started to dry on while I went to pay for more minutes. I'm not sure if it's thinned the paint or bleached the clear cote but there is definitely no flaking paint where this has been marked. :-)