The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hellstrom supra project.

Hellstrom

Was going to take the car for a drive today, only managed to get about 300 meters as the blue smoke where poring out the exhaust and i aslo lost a spark plug. i drove the car back home and decided i would start disasembly the camshafts and get done and change the seals. I started with removing the spark plugs and the cylinder no:1 where.... lets say covered in oil,carbon and gererally looking bad. i thought i would just aswell do a leak down test as i have the tool. and the result where verry good so i can rule out it beeing faulty piston rings etc. 5% leaked out so 95% air tight so thats good atleast. and all other spark plugs looked really good.

just need to get my hands on a proper overhead valve compresser and ill take some pictures and put up on the seals itself once ive managed to remove the spring,retainer and keepers.

i might put on some hybrid turbos while iam at it as i have a set with steel turbine and 46mm compressor inducer.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 months later...

Wow what a crap year it has been for my supra.... Started off with the broken valvesteam and having to partly disaseble the engine when i though i was "done" after that issue cleared up some punk kicked/tried to steal my front bumper. as the cost for reparing my old front bumper was roughly the same price as a new bumper i though i would buy a do-luck one as the insurence company was paying anyway. Sourced a bumper for the company that was going to paint it. they did not want my car at there shop even tho i said they might want to test fit it to see fitment.. the fitment was horrendous it was actually worse then that....... .... ... .. SO.. the company that had already painted my bumper where obviously angry and started moaing about and in the end they said... bye take you car and your broken bumper to someone else.. So i did.. and as i really wanted a do-luck bumper i again took contact with a company here in sweden that said they could guarante the fitment of the bumper... .. .. *sounds familiar*

So as i wanted the do-luck badly i went for it.. waited another week with a car that needed to be MOT ed in the next 10 days or so.. talked to a diffrent paint shop and asked if they where able to do it even tho its summer time and vecation etc kicking in.. they agreed to do it. got the second do-luck bumper and guess what... fitment was again really really bad (words can't describe) as the insurence company dont want to pay for a brand new bumper + the man houres to make it fit i just called the guy up and said i want to return it as he did guarante the fitment.. so... they started to repair my old bumper said 3-5 days before it should be done.. obviously it took 5 days.. and when i called em on day 4 they said No problem will be done tomorrow. so i booked up a MOT as i was dead sure this time it was going to finally be DONE!.. called in today to pick the car up as i need to change some bits before the MOT. Exhaust, ECU,Headlights, check all bulbs etc.. and the girl that picked up told med in the other end... The colour dont match... .. i was like wtf how did you screw this one up? rushed down and the bumper is freaking blue/green. anyways we agreed that they should repaint it the same day i took my car back home and prepared it for MOT and going to bring it back to em tomorrow at 07.00 that way i will still make the MOT time..

i thought that this year i was going to be ready around easter and its taking awhole lot longer than that... puts you off when you cant use the car and have to do 100 phone calls to sort things out. i actually had the thought of putting it for sale as i dont have the time for this crap.

Sorry for the book....

Rant over.

//Johan

Edited by Hellstrom (see edit history)

i have to say that the main issue was that Sumopower had 6-8 weeks deliverytime for one, i contacted do-luck Japan and it was the same story. and as i did not want the car sitting in a garage the whole summer i thought i take a chance.. the second bumper was so thin you could see trough it.. Well lesson learned i will never ever buy bodykit parts that is not from a know genuine company. my bumper is a genuine trial bumper and it fits like a glove. even tho i think a do-luck bumper would have looked better iam now just trying to salvage whats left of the season before the rain again starts to pour down. and i also thought that if i wait 6-8 weeks there is no way in telling if the bumper have had damage ect during transit...