The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Scarecrow's 1997 Genuine RZ VVT-i Supra From AUSTRALIA

Guest The Scarecrow

Guest The Scarecrow
Very nice Supra mate. :)

Could you give me a quick feedback on your OS Gike twin plate clutch. How is it to use?

The clutch is great. very easy to live with, with a little bite on gear changers but still slippable when reversing up hill or doing steep hill starts. its also very reasonable if you want a "slow engage" if you want to ride it a little. just takes a bit of time to perfect your teckneek.

iv also got the lightened flywheel, so i get a bit of chatter and noise in 6th @ >2500 rpm under load.

Hi Trent, good to see some one so committed to their car. Also some sensible mods to start off, good of clutch choice with the Giken clutch, had the twin in a Skyline, lovely clutch. You have a good looking car, which you obviously love to bits.

thanks mate, the RLTC dat you gave me is tops. if since found out i have in intermittent drop out on one of my wheel speed sensors, but im replacing the rotors soon so ill check it all over then. but besides that its all good.

Guest The Scarecrow

Quick update,

Selection of parts that are about to make it's way into the soup!!

Benny seems pumped about it too!!!

Parts include:

• DBA 5000 series front 2 piece disks
  • DBA 4000 series Rear single piece disks
  • TRD gear box mount.
  • QFM A1RM brake pads
  • TRW Grand Prix 600 brake fluid
  • Super Pro Polyurethane Rear Diff Pinnion to Chassis Bush (SPF2769K)
  • Goodridge/TRD braded brake lines (ADR compliment)
  • Racelogic Traction control system W/ digital adjuster)
  • Motul 8100 5W30
  • Toyota Red Rad coolent
  • Redline Water Wetter
  • Demineralised water
  • TRD sports Oil Filter
  • Genuine Toyota V160 Gear oil
  • Genuine TRD chrome plated badge (08231-SP088) (these i brought at a weak moment, cost a shit load and i dont know if ill really use them ha ha)

P.s. I'v currently got the RLTC system in, just fine tuning so issues with a wheel speed sensor.

Edited by The Scarecrow (see edit history)

I am loving this car, it is stunning! What interests me the most if the dash!

Is that photo trickery or do the dials emit light that well & clear? I'd like to go the LED route but my biggest issue is the ones which I have seen have dark flat spots & then bright light spots (I don't mind a little, but these the differences were quite a bit).

Guest The Scarecrow
I am loving this car, it is stunning! What interests me the most if the dash!

Is that photo trickery or do the dials emit light that well & clear? I'd like to go the LED route but my biggest issue is the ones which I have seen have dark flat spots & then bright light spots (I don't mind a little, but these the differences were quite a bit).

zero photoshop there, thats the result of quality LED's. i got mine from Linky linky (pleases check your dash uses this globe before ordering for the most part they are even but like all after-market situations not 100%. but compared with stock looks so much better.