HKS FCD running lean?

downimpact

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

somebody now where i can find a 5v power source by the ecu to my fcd???

To be frank dude, it seems really hard to help you.

Do a little research and all will be clear. Assuming you know where the map sensor is on your j-Spec, there are 3 wires that connect to it. One cable is a constant voltage, think its 5 but you need to check that, one is ground and the other goes to the ECU. I cant recall what colour is which, but if you cant work that out with the data on here or a DMM, then take your car to someone who can.

More info here: http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?325874-*JDM*-MAP-sensor-Boost-Cut-Voltage

Edited by Shane
correction as don't want to lead him astray (see edit history)

i haved search the web with no Lock. haved found a 5v power source on pin 41 on the ecu, that line should support the map and tps ved power, but the car ran like shit with the wire on tht power source.. and since poul whiffin have mountet a lot off thise hks fule cut defenders, he should now where to connect the wires... and if he had mountet it on map based cars i hope he nows about the power source should be 5v or 12v..

i haved search the web with no Lock. haved found a 5v power source on pin 41 on the ecu, that line should support the map and tps ved power, but the car ran like shit with the wire on tht power source.. and since poul whiffin have mountet a lot off thise hks fule cut defenders, he should now where to connect the wires... and if he had mountet it on map based cars i hope he nows about the power source should be 5v or 12v..

OK, it took seconds with Google to establish that the HKS FCD needs 12v as it's constant DC supply and not 5v.

yes and if you find some map based cars, WHO only uses map for fuel , and dont run a maf sensor, many talkes about 5v power source..

Yes the MAP sensor uses 5v for its constant supply, but that has nothing to do with the fact that the HKS requires 12V for it's constant.

Put the tools down and stand away from the car.

12 volts is the supply to the FCD, red and black, plus and minus, the other wires are spliced into the map sensor as per the instructions, it does not need, nor should it have, a 5 volt supply to the FCD. Just follow the instructions!!! Just leave it as supplied, no need to twiddle the pre set switch within!!!

12 volts is the supply to the FCD, red and black, plus and minus, the other wires are spliced into the map sensor as per the instructions, it does not need, nor should it have, a 5 volt supply to the FCD. Just follow the instructions!!! Just leave it as supplied, no need to twiddle the pre set switch within!!!

that was how it was fittet. But the map pressure sensor should be cut not spliced if you read the mkiv.com link. But now i wont to chreck the output voltage on the fcd. Should the white wire goes to a 5v power source so a can get the right reading on the yellon wire?

Because i wont to be shure that the fcd send out the right voltage to the ecu. Before i fit it again

Edited by jza800 (see edit history)

By spliced I mean the MAP sensor wire is cut and one wire from the FCD is spliced to one cut and the other to the other cut. I would just take it to an auto electrician, it's either not fitted right or faulty. Or there are other issues. Can you check your posts so they even somewhat resemble English, please? ;)

have you ever tried to messure the output voltage on the fcd from 1 -12 so i have something to compaire with so i can find out if the fcd is defekt. I work on elektronische cars every day. So i think i now what i am doing ;). Im from spain so i am doing what i can so you can understand what i am writring

- - - Updated - - -

have you ever tried to messure the output voltage on the fcd from 1 -12 so i have something to compaire with so i can find out if the fcd is defekt. I work on elektronische cars every day. So i think i now what i am doing ;). Im from spain so i am doing what i can so you can understand what i am writring

- - - Updated - - -

Ah, OK, some English people write such damned lousy English I assumed you were just sloppy :) You write pretty good English for a Spaniard, my apologies. No I have never had cause to measure the output voltage of the FCD. The ones I have used just worked straight out of the packet, no adjustments, no measurements needed. What's the part number of the FCD, does it say it's for the 2JZ-GTE? The Greddy ones were marked for the MR2 Turbo, same FCD as for a 2JZ-GTE. I am not sure if the workshop manual gives output voltages from a stock MAP sensor, but I am sure the info is on the web somewhere. Out of boost the values should be the same or very similar. Good luck.

Now now!! I know we are sending a fleet to Gibraltar, but the aircraft carrier's a rusty hulk about 100 years old and we can't afford any planes for it, so don't go winding any Spaniards up just yet! :)

Ha ha, Laugh, I almost dropped my Tapas lunch over my multi meter.

Jza800, Get a bicycle pump and connect it to your map sensor so you can create some pressure without running the engine, stick 12v across the fcd and connect the input to the map sensor output as in the link. you should be able to quickly determine what's going on by looking at what's coming out. As CW says, good luck.

Edited by Shane (see edit history)

i have now mountet the hks fcd Again, but at setting 9 and at idle it goes really lean. 16 til 17, i have now turn it up to 12 on the adjustment, now the idle air/fuel ratio is like normal. 14.8 to 15.2.. i have taken the car for at driving, to test it on the road. on wot about 1.1 to 1.2 bar off boost , the air/fuel ratio is much better than before, close the redline/rpm limit the air/fuel ratio is 12.0 ,and over 4000 rpm it goes from 13.0 - 13.5 at leads out at the revlimit 6800 rpm, then the air/fuel reads 12.0 on the air/fuel gauge. does the sound like safe numbers ? or should it run richer???

10.9 to 12 are the generally accepted numbers for a petrol turbo engine. A ratio of 12.0 would only be safe if everything else was spot on, air charge temps, excellent timing map, good fuel, ideally with knock sensor fall back. I would want it richer myself. If it still has a cat you may find it melting at AFR 12.0 under sustained boost.... 10.9 is very safe but will guzzle fuel. How lucky are you? :)

maybe i stupid question.. but have done this test on my map sensor.

1) Some diagnostic test to do with the HKS FCD removed, wire your harness back to stock and take the following voltage readings:

a) On the 80 pin connector put the positive probe on pin 41 and ground probe on pin 69. Does it show a reading between 4.5v-5.5v? yes i read 5v

b) On the 80 pin connector put the positive probe on pin 41 and ground probe on chassis ground. Does it show a read between 4.5v-5.5v? yes i read 5v

c) On the 80 pin connector put the positive probe on pin 62 and ground probe on pin 65. Does it show a reading between 3.3-3.9v? no i read 2.65v

d) On the 80 pin connector put the positive probe on pin 62 and ground probe chassis ground. Does it show a reading between 3.3-3.9v? no i read 2.65v

as you alle can see my voltage on the map sensor, is not within sepc, i should read 3.3 - 3.9v, i only read 2.65v on the wire, do i have a bad sensor or is it normal? i have messured the voltage with the ignition.