The mkiv Supra Owners Club

advise on single turbos on ebay

absz

Thanks mate. :) I'm slowly making a page on my site on the supra's intercooling and a couple of shots of an eBay FMIC would be useful (if you don't mind me using a couple of your pics of course :D )

Here is a closeup of the inside of a totally knackered stock SMIC:

http://www.max-boost.co.uk/stuff/SMIC_core_inside.jpg

Quite different --- (but then again it tries to do a good job within less core volume)

If it's not too much bother, can you weigh it mate on a kitchen scale, or even bathroom scale if it's digital? We could compare it to others then. :thumbs:

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John, if one could get correctly shaped piping made up, do you think it would be possible to use the stock (or a CW / RadTech) SMIC with a single? The SMIC looks so much finer and hasn't got two other radiators right behind it.

John, if one could get correctly shaped piping made up, do you think it would be possible to use the stock (or a CW / RadTech) SMIC with a single? The SMIC looks so much finer and hasn't got two other radiators right behind it.

The SMIC actually has a fast moving wheel behind it. This creates a hell of a low pressure area.

Take a look at the 'intercooler' page on my site, it is getting build up with soop stuff.

johnA

the weight of the intercooler is 10.22kg

turbo is 8.94kg

i used some digital calibrated scales, so its very accurate.

Thanks mate.

That is almost twice as heavy as the stock SMIC. Useful protection against heat spikes, but shame that the airflow through the external core cannot be anywhere near that of the SMIC. The heatsink effect might compensate for it though, hard to tell without comparative measurements.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All,

Sorry it has been such a long time since I posted on this thread but we have had a lot going on.

OK Samsupra37s car has now been singled with the XSpower Kit and I must say that lessons learned whilst doing mine paid off as once we got the old turbos off it was simple to fit the new turbo.

I will promise to do the write up and pictures within the next two weeks and also include the dyno figures for both our cars.

We have now been in contact with the suppliers in the USA and have made contacts for other parts and services which mean we are very close to starting the business, now have the web site and company in place although again through lack of time at the moment the web site is just a front page.

Currently we are looking for a workshop unit around 25000sq ft but have already got our welder and pipe fabricator on side, we have also done a deal for all the electronics and have even got full use of a rolling road which means we will be able to not only do the single upgrade but also the complete setup as well.

Prices are in the air but we are looking at around 3k for the complete basic job to include Apexi AVC-R boost controller, up rated fuel pump with regulator,Custom air filter plus all stainless hard piping and samco hose, dyno setup

Extra parts to your spec can be fitted but will incur extra cost and to make things even better we have secured one of the top spanners to complete our 4 man 1 women team.

We have estimated that it will take 3/4 day's per car and all work will carry a full guarantee against faulty parts.

Also we have bought an R33 GTST Skyline and will be doing the XSpower upgrade to that as well as we have been asked by a number of skyline owners about the upgrade.

Right that’s it for now.

See Ya.

:read:

Hi All,

Sorry it has been such a long time since I posted on this thread but we have had a lot going on.

OK Samsupra37s car has now been singled with the XSpower Kit and I must say that lessons learned whilst doing mine paid off as once we got the old turbos off it was simple to fit the new turbo.

I will promise to do the write up and pictures within the next two weeks and also include the dyno figures for both our cars.

We have now been in contact with the suppliers in the USA and have made contacts for other parts and services which mean we are very close to starting the business, now have the web site and company in place although again through lack of time at the moment the web site is just a front page.

Currently we are looking for a workshop unit around 25000sq ft but have already got our welder and pipe fabricator on side, we have also done a deal for all the electronics and have even got full use of a rolling road which means we will be able to not only do the single upgrade but also the complete setup as well.

Prices are in the air but we are looking at around 3k for the complete basic job to include Apexi AVC-R boost controller, up rated fuel pump with regulator,Custom air filter plus all stainless hard piping and samco hose, dyno setup

Extra parts to your spec can be fitted but will incur extra cost and to make things even better we have secured one of the top spanners to complete our 4 man 1 women team.

We have estimated that it will take 3/4 day's per car and all work will carry a full guarantee against faulty parts.

Also we have bought an R33 GTST Skyline and will be doing the XSpower upgrade to that as well as we have been asked by a number of skyline owners about the upgrade.

Right that’s it for now.

See Ya.

:read:

Sounds good!