The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bleeding brakes

Ian C

My apologies for making an incorrect assumption on the vacuum bleeders, must

take more time and read all the info before typing next time :)

I've found a vacuum bleeder that appears to be a hand pump and is £40.

http://www.simsestools.co.uk/hand-held-vacuum-pump-brake-bleeder-kit-cars-p-154.html

That looks the part, looks like plenty of attachments too.

Mityvac stuff is excellent quality though, I have two Mityvac hand pumps, one vac and pressure, the other just pressure, they've done a LOT of work (and no, I don't mean I've got two inches more length and an inch more girth since buying them.... ;)), and they are still working as new. I have a pro quality brake pressure bleeder that looks like a Sputnik. It used to get used nearly every day, but nowadays the MC cap adaptors fit hardly any modern cars. Somewhere on my "to do" list is buy some used modern and popular, used MC caps and convert the fittings to them. When you could just plug it onto a MC made brake bleeding solo a joy.

• 3 weeks later...

Just to update this, I used the tube I have, bled into a bottle with some fluid in already, and had an assistant to work the brake pedal. First one I did (passenger side rear) had a load of air bubbles that you could see rushing through the plastic tube. Got a couple of pumps of solid fluid with no air, and everything is spot on now :thumbs: