The mkiv Supra Owners Club

It's official, I hate my supra...

heckler

I think just about everyone is in the same boat, I know I am! Just been plagued with fault in top of fault, and once one is rectified, another rears its head. I personally dont like using 2nd hand parts either so it gets so bloody expensive, and I know i'm overdue replacing the wishbones amongst other expensive bits and bobs

Unless you have a fair amount of disposable cash, these cars ARE more trouble than their worth

....but, as with pretty much everything, you wouldn't be interested if it was easy

Was the PAS pump straightforward to replace? I may be doing this job soon on mine.

It should be mate, I cant recall exactly for the Supra, but it should be just a case of 3 odd bolts holding the PAS mount on the front/side of the block, then a banjo type bolt and a return pipe usually just on a clip, obviously you'll need to remove the belt as well.

Was the PAS pump straightforward to replace? I may be doing this job soon on mine.

pretty much what Ash said, remove the belt, banjo, and the feed from the tank. Two bolts hold the pump on. You may find it easier to remove the intercooler pipe that goes to the throttle body.

Thanks guys. Where do you drain the PAS fluid from? Is it from the bottom of the reservoir or is there a lower, better point to drain from?

I just did it from the lowest point. Get the basin/bucket whatever right underneath the pipe and where you are removing the pipe from. Once it's emptied out, give the steering a few turns either way and it will squirt out what's left.

From there you can remove the pump no bother, you will get a few drips etc but nothing major.

well, when I said I'd done the PAS pump... hmmm... new pump on, and it leaked, found where it was leaking from, bit of sealant - job sorted. So I started to bleed they system with engine running, full lock, went to look at the pump PAS fluid everywhere. It was only at this point I noticed that two of the four bolt which hold the pump together were missing!!! two bolts replaced no longer leaks. Was touch and go wether I went to JAE or not! So.. Job one done.

well, when I said I'd done the PAS pump... hmmm... new pump on, and it leaked, found where it was leaking from, bit of sealant - job sorted. So I started to bleed they system with engine running, full lock, went to look at the pump PAS fluid everywhere. It was only at this point I noticed that two of the four bolt which hold the pump together were missing!!! two bolts replaced no longer leaks. Was touch and go wether I went to JAE or not! So.. Job one done.

I had exactly the same thing when I swapped mine! Although I seem to recall it was me who took them out in the first place for some reason :confused: It's fine until the system pressurises when the wheel is turned, causes quite a mess doesn't it :D

I had exactly the same thing when I swapped mine! Although I seem to recall it was me who took them out in the first place for some reason :confused: It's fine until the system pressurises when the wheel is turned, causes quite a mess doesn't it :D

Just a little! Thankfully, now it's dry as a bone!