The mkiv Supra Owners Club

insurance prices?

k9l3

Hi i just wondering who alot of the supra owners are paying for there insurance

mine is 1150 for my twin turbo and i am 25 and only had 2 year no claims as i moved abroad for while not becuase im a claimer.

cheapest from that was like 1700

My insurance is £800 with elephant I'm 21 with 4 yrs NCB.

thats verry good im with a plan , must say these cars are pretty cheap compared to others for insurance

scoobys i remember i thought i find out for laff and they wanted over 2500 for 1 of them heaps obviously because the ppl that drive them.

best quote ive had is £2020.40 for my SZ J Spec with all mods declared including engine and gearbox conversion (which is on the cards...) I personally dont think thats too bad... considering im 22years old, and have 6 points :) "Need to Insure" are very good, try them :), second best quote was with adrian flux

best quote ive had is £2020.40 for my SZ J Spec with all mods declared including engine and gearbox conversion (which is on the cards...) I personally dont think thats too bad... considering im 22years old, and have 6 points :) "Need to Insure" are very good, try them :), second best quote was with adrian flux

that does sound good for the circumstances dont bother with adriun flux they might sometimes and only mean sometimes give you a good qoute but to deal with them if you have changes or cancelations etc is a nightmare

total rip offs and bad customer service i found and that was twice on 2 cars. i would never go with adriun flux. one of the best for customer service and the way they deal with you i found was swift cover they where amazing to deal with and never charged me for cancelations and was cheap to change cars

700 with 8years NCB thats bad i pay nearly half that with 3 NCB and 6 points and I'm 26

Really?? That's very cheap then. I don't know exactly what my premium is, as I insured a TT originally and then swapped to my NA. The TT was about 700 and I got a 50 refund when I swapped, so maybe 600 is nearer the mark.

Who are you all going with to declare it as a classic?

Ive got my supra and my polo g40 on the same insurance for £1400 with 6years on my supra and 2 years on my polo and im 26. I would love to know as my insurance is up for renewal in two months and need it as cheap as possible for when i move house.

Gav

Who are you all going with to declare it as a classic?

Ive got my supra and my polo g40 on the same insurance for £1400 with 6years on my supra and 2 years on my polo and im 26. I would love to know as my insurance is up for renewal in two months and need it as cheap as possible for when i move house.

Gav

Mine's with sureterm direct (was previously a long running A-Plan customer). Your car needs to be 15 years old with some, some require it parked on a driveway / garage, not for commuting obviously and limited mileage.

Prior to that I was about £650/year fully comp with A-Plan. Then they went to an underwriter that had some *horrific* feedback so I switched as they couldn't give me a competitive quote with another underwriter.

As H said above, he's gone with LWB (I think you need to be 30 years old for them), do a search and you'll find all the reasonable classic insurers.

Really?? That's very cheap then. I don't know exactly what my premium is, as I insured a TT originally and then swapped to my NA. The TT was about 700 and I got a 50 refund when I swapped, so maybe 600 is nearer the mark.

who do you insure it with i know everyone slates sky on here but they have never done me wrong and they always seem to look after me its worth giving them a call

k9l3,

If you insured a vehicle whist abroad, you can ask for a certificate of NCB which is accepted by some U.K. insurers.

ok thanks i look into it

only thing is i was insured on company insurance for buggys and quads . so should be same yeh?

we use to do buggy rentals in tenerife

Edited by k9l3 (see edit history)

Who is that with Caseys? I am assuming it's garaged?

Nope, just driveway :) But I live in a postcode which has 66% of the population are > 65 :D (BH2) I'm also on slightly lower miles than you but I don't think that lowered it that much. I went to try for Lynbrook and LWIB but when my renewal was up last year I was 29 and I'm sure one or both of them don't touch you if you're under 30.

Si

Guest tony1979

Why dont you try the classic car insurance people a try, times are hard business is slow give them a ring see if they can offer you something i am with lynbrook, if you dont ask you dont get.:D

ok thanks i look into it

only thing is i was insured on company insurance for buggys and quads . so should be same yeh?

we use to do buggy rentals in tenerife

I don't quite think buggy's & quad bikes are the same as cars, doubt they'll add NCB on that :D

Post code plays a huge part, fair enough everyone is giving their quotes but 2 people with exactly the same details I.e age, points, no claims bonus could have a £1,000 difference in prices.