The mkiv Supra Owners Club

02 supra in ireland

Guest sideways j

ya road tax in Ireland sucks, you see a lot of people with supra's putting in a floor in the back and losing the seats, that way they convert it to a van, DOE it and pay commercial road tax which is about 260 euros for the year instead of the 1300+
I wish it was that easy ; not a chance you would get away with it in Dublin

460 I wish my road tax was that cheap; its 1200 gbp in Ireland for any Supra (3 liter) :( and in the new budget it is going up

Might have to sell up. plus they are also talking about making Road tax mandatory like in the UK regardless if the car is in use or even has an engine in it. Once it is registered, you need to pay; they dont care if it is in storage

Is it really going up? I never heard this.

sure they look in the window , see your tax, insurance and doe are all in date , no problem there in my eyes

It's not really the guards Tommy that will have the problem , it's the customs that if they come across this will go to town on you . You will have to prove the car is in use only as a commerical vehicle for commercial purposes . Technically Joe Soap should not be allowed to drive to the shop/ drop kids off at school unless taxing his Transit privately. Up to now a blind eye was turned , with the country up poop creek with no paddle all these customs lads will be fighting to keep their jobs.

Catching fellas at this crack , green diesel etc are all easy targets but will bring in the dough for the govt with fines and backtaxes etc . I was going to do it but decided against after I heard of all the hassle . Nigel in the Dublin with Uk spec was going to do it until revenue told him they'd clear it as a commercial but would have it marked so it would be constantly checked to see if it was keeping the terms of it's declared use. Loophole is there BUT there's a nasty kick in the arse if you get caught on the other side.

1200 on tax !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you wouldn't even pay that on a car powered by coal with no cats in !!!!!

Road tax for cars based on c.c

http://www.environ.ie/en/LocalGovernment/MotorTax/MotorTaxRates/MotorTaxRatesBasedonEngineSize/

Road tax for cars based on emmissions

http://www.environ.ie/en/LocalGovernment/MotorTax/MotorTaxRates/MotorTaxRatesbasedonCO2EmissionsEffectivefromthe1jan2009/

Edited by supramkivcork (see edit history)

460 I wish my road tax was that cheap; its 1200 gbp in Ireland for any Supra (3 liter) and in the new budget it is going up

That is a disgusting amount of money :blink:

I thought £460 was a lot for one registered after 01 over here, You live in a lovely country but I do noy envy you guys with annual tax rates that high. I hope the chancellor over here does not see these prices:(

You are required to have a VAT number now to tax a commercial vehicle, otherwise its full price you may get away without it sometimes (depanding on the b***h behind the counter) but dont take it for granted.

Or a letter from your employer to say you need it for work purpose.