The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Insurance Renewal Time

Wez

I've always found the comparison web sites the best. It usually comes back as Admiral with around £330 a year for a TT on protected no claims. I did have a claim with Admiral 2 years ago when a driver hit my parked car (my fault apparently whenever I go for quotes as it was settled knock for knock - no witnesses) and you only find out how good your insurer is when you claim. They settled and sorted through an approved repairer very efficiently and courteously. That knock didn't affect my premiums either, they have been around £300 for ever for an onld codger like me who has reached the half century - just!

Guest Mustdriveslower

Hello All,

Jason Livingstone here from LWIB. One of my staff members has sent me a link to this thread and asked if I could post a comment.

Apologies if it seems a bit big brother but I think it is common practice for most of us insurance bods to monitor the forums....

Concerning points I can confirm that "normally" we take only 3 points for new business quotes but sometimes depending on what they are and when they were and the circumstances the insurer can be accommodating. ( Especially as I got to 9 points myself and I was innocent officer honest). As a general rule there are minor convictions (speeding etc) and major convictions (drink driving etc) and we look for the last three years for the minor and 10 years for the major.

Can you see a plan forming? Under the rehabilitation of offenders act if they are on your licence you are obliged to declare them, even if they are 20 years old but the DVLA will take them off your licence at 4 years and 11 years.......depending on if they are minor or major.

So you can see how there are a number of people with points in their licence and we don't take them into account...

This is a simplified reasoning - there are so may possibilities to look at it all gets complicated but that is in essence why some people have 9 points on their licence and we can insure them.

If anyone we insure is worried please give us a call and we can check. We DO make mistakes!

All the best to you!

Jason

Hello All,

Jason Livingstone here from LWIB. One of my staff members has sent me a link to this thread and asked if I could post a comment.

Apologies if it seems a bit big brother but I think it is common practice for most of us insurance bods to monitor the forums....

Concerning points I can confirm that "normally" we take only 3 points for new business quotes but sometimes depending on what they are and when they were and the circumstances the insurer can be accommodating. ( Especially as I got to 9 points myself and I was innocent officer honest). As a general rule there are minor convictions (speeding etc) and major convictions (drink driving etc) and we look for the last three years for the minor and 10 years for the major.

Can you see a plan forming? Under the rehabilitation of offenders act if they are on your licence you are obliged to declare them, even if they are 20 years old but the DVLA will take them off your licence at 4 years and 11 years.......depending on if they are minor or major.

So you can see how there are a number of people with points in their licence and we don't take them into account...

This is a simplified reasoning - there are so may possibilities to look at it all gets complicated but that is in essence why some people have 9 points on their licence and we can insure them.

If anyone we insure is worried please give us a call and we can check. We DO make mistakes!

All the best to you!

Jason

Good post up Jason explaining about the points. I have just insured with you again for another year on my BMW.

Keep up the good service :thumbs: