The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Insurance Renewal Time

Wez

Hey All,

Its insurance renewal time again and Sky Insurance have put it up about £120 making it £817 :(

Anyone got any tips for finding something cheaper and how do classic insurance policies work on modded motors?

Thanks

:thumbs:

Lynnbrook clasic policies look great but they needed me to be 30 for a classic policy on a single t.

Sky on the other hand only charged me 75 quid extra on a normal policy :)

And weirdly Adrian flux. Sky. Lynbrook. And a few others wouldn't quote me or gave £4000+ quotes on my stock Mitsubishi legnum (imported galant vr4 estate). Yet compare the meercat popped up with a £1k quote with admiral/elephant and all the details were correct. Listed as import etc. So took em up on that.

Funny old world

Try LWIB, i think you need to be 25 + and can only get agreed value on

UK spec cars.

You might get a limited milage classic policy off them though.

My UK car is under £300 with all mods declared, 3000 mile limited milage,

8 yrs NCB, 9 points, no accidents, £13k agreed value.

As i hardly use my car i was going to put it on a 1500 miles policy but raised

that to 3000 which only cost an extra £25 :)

I spent 3 years with them with the Supra, Lowest by far and i had agreed value at the time on my import.

They were not the lowest for me however are extremely professional and polite to deal with. Their MD is a car enthusiast and understands what us modded supra owners go through when looking for insurance.

I ended up going with Adrian Flux. Sky were on a different planet and unprofessional.

They were not the lowest for me however are extremely professional and polite to deal with. Their MD is a car enthusiast and understands what us modded supra owners go through when looking for insurance.

I ended up going with Adrian Flux. Sky were on a different planet and unprofessional.

He is a nice fella Jason Livingstone, I have met him a few times, Shame they never came through for you this time.

thanks for the recomend on livingstone warman. knocked £150 of my best quote so far. (now £650) thats a handy wedge. and they were proper nice and rang me back same day like they said they would, how often does that happen these days? (cheers penny)

:thumbs:

I've only ever had polite good service from LWIB

Try LWIB, i think you need to be 25 + and can only get agreed value on

UK spec cars.

You might get a limited milage classic policy off them though.

My UK car is under £300 with all mods declared, 3000 mile limited milage,

8 yrs NCB, 9 points, no accidents, £13k agreed value.

As i hardly use my car i was going to put it on a 1500 miles policy but raised

that to 3000 which only cost an extra £25 :)

Just come off the phone to LWIB and they quoted me "well over £400" for my UK BPU (they didn't bother giving me an exact figure as they knew my current insurer's renewal was in the £300s).

When I asked how come someone else on the Supra forum could get cover for a similar car for under £300 and they had 9 points, the lady told me they simply wouldn't insure someone with 9 points with an agreed value/modified car policy! :shock:

Being an old bugger with no points and 16 years no claims, I was expecting a quote well down in the £200s. :(

Just come off the phone to LWIB and they quoted me "well over £400" for my UK BPU (they didn't bother giving me an exact figure as they knew my current insurer's renewal was in the £300s).

When I asked how come someone else on the Supra forum could get cover for a similar car for under £300 and they had 9 points, the lady told me they simply wouldn't insure someone with 9 points with an agreed value/modified car policy! :shock:

Being an old bugger with no points and 16 years no claims, I was expecting a quote well down in the £200s. :(

Well i have the agreed value limited mileage policy to prove it which clearly states everything from my

points collection to every mod on the car including £13k agreed value so i dont know what the lady you spoke to is taliking about.

I even spoke to Jason Livingstone regarding my car as he approved the agreed valuation

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

Well i have the agreed value limited mileage policy to prove it which clearly states everything from my

points collection to every mod on the car including £13k agreed value so i dont know what the lady you spoke to is taliking about.

I even spoke to Jason Livingstone regarding my car as he approved the agreed valuation

I didn't doubt that your policy was exactly as you had quoted in your post earlier in this thread; I just thought it was odd she said they wouldn't insure someone with that many points and quoted me £400+.

I thought you may have an explanation, like you'd taken the policy out several months ago and perhaps they'd changed their conditions/insurers etc etc - but then again, I would of thought the lady would have said if that was the case.

The lady I spoke to was the one who deals with this kind of policy. She was busy when I initially called and her colleague gave her a message to call me - which she did fairly quickly.

I may call them back...

01/04/2011 - 1st April - this isn't a wind-up, is it?! :)

Just phoned them back and spoke to someone else and she also said they wouldn't insure anyone with 9 points. The lady who usually deals with these policies wasn't available again.

Maybe Jason Livingstone gave you a special deal then?

I didn't doubt that your policy was exactly as you had quoted in your post earlier in this thread; I just thought it was odd she said they wouldn't insure someone with that many points and quoted me £400+.

I thought you may have an explanation, like you'd taken the policy out several months ago and perhaps they'd changed their conditions/insurers etc etc - but then again, I would of thought the lady would have said if that was the case.

The lady I spoke to was the one who deals with this kind of policy. She was busy when I initially called and her colleague gave her a message to call me - which she did fairly quickly.

I may call them back...

Sounds like it could be Michelle or Becky, It might be worth asking to have a chat with Jason. I have met him face to face and went in his office to talk cars and bikes. He knows how hard it is nowadays to get a good quote.

01/04/2011 - 1st April - this isn't a wind-up, is it?! :)

Just phoned them back and spoke to someone else and she also said they wouldn't insure anyone with 9 points. The lady who usually deals with these policies wasn't available again.

Maybe Jason Livingstone gave you a special deal then?

Nope its not a wind up :)

Sounds like it could be Michelle or Becky, It might be worth asking to have a chat with Jason. I have met him face to face and went in his office to talk cars and bikes. He knows how hard it is nowadays to get a good quote.

Yes, it was Michelle who called me back... and although I didn't take note of who I just spoke to a few minutes ago, I think it may have been Becky. Becky (if it was Becky) is going to have a word with Michelle when she's available.

In just over a month i'll be down to 6 points that i have to disclose as i got my first points on 19/08/2006 :) afraid

its another 2 years for the next 3 to go though :(

In my defence i've not had a claim against me ever since i started driving which is over 30 yrs :)

I also used the info provided here and was told they dont insure people with more than 6 points :search: