The mkiv Supra Owners Club

THOR rip off for NOS

Guest Rays the roof

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps that will be reflected when we all have to vote when their membership as a trader comes up for renewal

Why should one persons problem cause additional people to feel/vote unhappily with their levels of service, that I am sure the vast majority of people are happy with?

Maybe they've seen whats happened when other traders have tried to argue/discuss what work they did which ended up turning into a slagging match with threads getting locked.

It would be nice to see a reply, or some kind of feeback with regard to resolving this problem for Ray.

Why should one persons problem cause additional people to feel/vote unhappily with their levels of service, that I am sure the vast majority of people are happy with?

Maybe they've seen whats happened when other traders have tried to argue/discuss what work they did which ended up turning into a slagging match with threads getting locked.

It would be nice to see a reply, or some kind of feeback with regard to resolving this problem for Ray.

Perhaps a post out of common courtesy would not go a miss from Thor expaining to that effect. However they have not even attempted to defend themselves in this thread what so ever which would leave me to assume they don't care and don't want to know.

Traders on the forum should be regarded as a safe haven people we can trust however would you trust someone that has bad feedback (well thats your choice).

As I remember this isn't the first member of the forum to have experienced bad customer service from Thor

Perhaps a post out of common courtesy would not go a miss from Thor expaining to that effect. However they have not even attempted to defend themselves in this thread what so ever which would leave me to assume they don't care and don't want to know.

Traders on the forum should be regarded as a safe haven people we can trust however would you trust someone that has bad feedback (well thats your choice).

As I remember this isn't the first member of the forum to have experienced bad customer service from Thor

I agree, but that doesnt mean they HAVE to respond in some internet forum thread. Sure it would appear that its more open but like I said you've seen how other threads have gone.

I would be dissapointed to hear if they have not got back to Ray regarding this issue to discuss a solution.

I agree, but that doesnt mean they HAVE to respond in some internet forum thread. Sure it would appear that its more open but like I said you've seen how other threads have gone.

I would be dissapointed to hear if they have not got back to Ray regarding this issue to discuss a solution.

Indeed...

It would be nice to hear what thor had to say though Ray?

Im wondering!!

Why my friends solenoids are on his head!! He has run 10.02 with his camero.

Why my nephews solenoids are on his head!! he has run 13.6 with a stock civic type r.

Why my other nephews solenoids are on his head!! he has run 12.28 with a rover v8.

Why do you put heater blankets on nos bottles?To heat the nos creating higher pressure.

I dont know if this makes a difference,but im still going to give my car to thor in two weeks time .

People are very quick to jump on the band wagon,which i find sad.

D.

Ps now you can jump on me!!give you something to do ehh.

There probably is a best way but lots of people fit them on heads.

Im wondering!!

Why my nephews solenoids are on his head!! he has run 13.6 with a stock civic type r.

Why my other nephews solenoids are on his head!! he has run 12.28 with a rover v8.

Why do you put heater blankets on nos bottles?To heat the nos creating higher pressure.

I dont know if this makes a difference,but im still going to give my car to thor in two weeks time .

D.

Does'nt that make showering difficult :ecstatic:

Im wondering!!

D.

If i were you darren id def have the nos bottle heater.

When i ran mine @ low psi around 500-600 it worked but not alot of extra power but when i used the bottle heater and psi was up to 800-900 it went like s!$t of a shovel.

The fire and ice is a good tool as it automaticly heats pr cools the bottle to get the right psi at the flick of a switch.

Only downside is it cost about £299 :thumbdown

Dear Members,

For months I have watched this site.

The members are a strange bunch. I put it down to your young average age.

For my car I felt NoS was not suitable.

We looked into it as thouroughly as seemed reasonable and concluded it was not worth the BHP gain.

Presumably before spending £1200 pounds the gentleman complaining researched the finer details of NoS.

Whatever method was used to position or fit the system SOMEONE would say it was wrong. That would appear to be normal procedure on this site.

In my dealings with Thor I have found them thoroughly professional and approachable.

Which is more than i can say about other companies I have had peripheal dealings with on this site.

My Bro. tells me that I will upset LOTS of people with this posting but hey I am old and have VERY broad shoulders.

Pump Gas Pete

I can't comment on the original NoS issue, but I have had very good service from Thor this year. Pete spent a lot of time helping me with advice and it was only for a measly £380 sale. In comparison, I recently contacted five suppliers asking about a replacement turbine housing. Only one of the five even bothered to reply.

Having said that, I would like to see Thor reply to the original post.

darren what the hell has age got to do with it ???

funny how i am one of the "young" members but i still get at least 6 calls a day asking for advice or info about supras and many other cars, really gets to me when you "old" people look down on younger members with a sterotypical view :rolleyes:

Here comes the thread lock. Beware :angrymod:

But i agree with Liam age has nothing to do with the matter.

At the end of the day Ray paid for a service, (nos fitting and tuning)

The service he received was not up to standard, he contacted thor and received no response whatsoever!

1 bad report doesn't make Thor a bad company as they have received a lot of good feedback as well but some kind of response is due surely, be it privately over the phone with RAY or in a thread.

It shouldn't have gone this far in the first place i think thats the main problem.

funny how i am one of the "young" members but i still get at least 6 calls a day asking for advice or info about supras and many other cars, really gets to me when you "old" people look down on younger members with a sterotypical view :rolleyes:

Liam, if I read Pete/Darren's post correctly, he's NOT saying:

"If you're young, you don't know anything".

I took it to mean that the reason people respond like they do is because of their age. Whenever something goes wrong for a trader, there's always a bunch of people ready to wade right in. According to Pete/Darren, this is because they are younger. The view would be that as you get older, you tend to jump to conclusions a bit more slowly.

As to Thor posting on here, personally, I agree with Bobbeh. It would be nice to get another take on this, but Thor are under no obligation to reply. Some people are acting like "it's the public's right to know!"

Well sorry to Hijack a little, but.....

I am in my late 30's and the help I've had from lots of young-uns and ever greens (older people) on this Forum is fantastic. My only view is that as a salesman if I sell something to a customer and they are not happy, I will try to resolve the issues straight away. Especially the little sales as they will keep comimg back.

Agree how ever with Colsoop. There is no reason for any one to have a slagging match @ Thor, I have never dealt with them but would be interested in their reply as any future work would depend on that reply.

After all we all take recommendations from friends on here and if Thor were not to be recommended by Ray, I would say that I would have to look some where else as Networking (recommending some one else) is how we all survive and pass on our own feedback to ensure the Soop's we drive are looked after.

Please don't take this as a rant, I don't have an opinion on Thor or their customer service. I have respect for my Friend Ray and hope his problem is resolved. That, after all, is what he is asking for at the beginning. That or passing on some feedback for every one else.

Tom

Liam, if I read Pete/Darren's post correctly, he's NOT saying:

"If you're young, you don't know anything".

I took it to mean that the reason people respond like they do is because of their age. Whenever something goes wrong for a trader, there's always a bunch of people ready to wade right in. According to Pete/Darren, this is because they are younger. The view would be that as you get older, you tend to jump to conclusions a bit more slowly.

As to Thor posting on here, personally, I agree with Bobbeh. It would be nice to get another take on this, but Thor are under no obligation to reply. Some people are acting like "it's the public's right to know!"

I must not jumo to a conclusion here being a mere 29 years old however I would like to put your misconceptions to rest I most certainly don't think the public have a right to know but being a manager for the largest retailer in the UK it is in the interest should a compliant be made public that you respond to put the publics mind at rest.

As I said in my earler post it could have an impact on how people vote in the future whether or not they should continue to be a trader on the forum

People are just posting to express their own opinions as well as support for Ray who has done the right thing after having no response.... Read his original post.

Since he is a member of this club he has the right like everyone else to say how they feel. Whats the point of having a forum otherwise.... why did you post on here then?

I am sure people will continue to use Thor and make up their own minds about the whole situation.

my 2p's worth :D

Quote: Darren J Adam

Dear Members,

For months I have watched this site.

The members are a strange bunch. I put it down to your young average age.

For my car I felt NoS was not suitable.

We looked into it as thouroughly as seemed reasonable and concluded it was not worth the BHP gain.

Presumably before spending £1200 pounds the gentleman complaining researched the finer details of NoS.

Whatever method was used to position or fit the system SOMEONE would say it was wrong. That would appear to be normal procedure on this site.

In my dealings with Thor I have found them thoroughly professional and approachable.

Which is more than i can say about other companies I have had peripheal dealings with on this site.

My Bro. tells me that I will upset LOTS of people with this posting but hey I am old and have VERY broad shoulders.

Pump Gas Pete

I must not jumo to a conclusion here being a mere 29 years old however I would like to put your misconceptions to rest I most certainly don't think the public have a right to know but being a manager for the largest retailer in the UK it is in the interest should a compliant be made public that you respond to put the publics mind at rest.

As I said in my earler post it could have an impact on how people vote in the future whether or not they should continue to be a trader on the forum

Well, this is hijacking Ray's thread a little and I apologise for that. But to respond to your comments: with regard to 'jumping to conclusions', you'll note that I was trying to explain what Pete/Darren said (rightly or wrongly), rather than express my own view. So your opening irony is misplaced.

As a manager for the largest retailer in the UK, presumably you would be careful about what sort of forum (in the broadest sense) you employed to respond to complaints. I've seen many threads on here involving traders and punters and I'm not sure it's always in the trader's interests to respond. There are often too many baying for blood in the background and things quickly descend into farce. Again, note that this doesn't refer specifically to this thread in general or to you personally.

Regards

Cliff