The mkiv Supra Owners Club

After some advice on Buying a Land Rover TD Freelander or Defender

DodgyRog

The wifes thinking about changing the car again later in the year and although a Yellow Lexus IS Sport is still at the top of her list, I have mentioned that if we are looking to get a couple of Springer Spaniels next year it might be an idea to get an Estate or 4x4

Jen's not really up for an Estate, but quite fancies a 4x4

So the budget is going to be around £5k with a trade in needed, so the Land Rover falls into the category, I am thinking if we go for a 4x4 it needs to be a Diesel. From memory, I think I remember there being a fair few issues with the Land Rovers

I am just looking for some advice on them really, as I have no knowledge at all on them

There are a couple of other option as well, Toyota Rav 4, Nissan X-Trail or one of the Suzuki range

All will need to be 4 doors versions

Thanks in advance

If i were going to get anything i would get a landcruiser. The rav just isnt built the same.

Although i do a lot of offroading and see a lot of 4x4's break and bend :D mine included. Rav's i've never seen along with freelanders out in the mud and there is a reason for that. Then again looking at just the odd but of a field with the dogs anything with 4wd should do :)